Trump Withdraws Former DC US Attorney’s Nomination For Treasury Dept. Post | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump has withdrawn the nomination of the former U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia to a senior Treasury Department post — just ahead of a scheduled confirmation hearing Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1290903
1 Like

This is the new “normal:” unbridled bullying and corruption of the legal process.

25 Likes

So, it’s not about a lack of competence, or malfeasance, or some personal issue, or inability to get confirmed by the Senate …

It’s all about keeping things Trump and Barr have done quiet and hidden.

26 Likes

Can’t wait for the truth commission in 2021

15 Likes

President Donald Trump has withdrawn the nomination of the former U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia to a senior Treasury Department post — just ahead of a scheduled confirmation hearing Thursday.

Well, we can’t have her answering under oath all those awkward questions about WH interference in DOJ policy decisions, can we?

13 Likes

“not a good look for the department.”

It’s a little late for that!

17 Likes

This is another cover-up, and an admission of guilt. The more laws Trump breaks, the less scrutiny he can take.

23 Likes

About Trump and his ilk.
“The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars;the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth.”
H L Mencken

12 Likes

Man, it’s getting hard to keep up.

10 Likes

Ain’t that the truth.

6 Likes

I guess he “learned his lesson,” eh, Senator Collins? Senator Brown is also 100% correct. And nothing will change until this crook is booted out of office, along with his aiders and abettors in the GOP majority of the Senate. Vote next November as though your country depends on it.

18 Likes

7 Likes

17 Likes

Ten bucks to the first reporter who asks her.

16 Likes

yet, no one speaks of the insider trading that runs rampant within the cabal.

7 Likes

Dryly, Sen. Susan Collins responds, “Well, yes. This is the lesson I was hoping he would learn. What were you thinking?”

8 Likes

We can all see where this is going.

The End-Game for Trump and his Fascists is: American Apartheid.

South Africa circa 1970 is the Goal.

6 Likes

At this point anyone who trump nominates is a crook. That is not an assumption, it is a fact. Trump’s administration is now full on banana republic.

12 Likes

10 Likes

For Trump it is going back to 1950.

When companies dumped waste into the water and smoke and poison into the air was a sign of prosperity.

When people knew their place.

And schools were segregated.

Next on his list: Return lead to gasoline. (It was better, I am the smartest scientist I know)

10 Likes