Trump Weighs In On Holmes, Yovanovitch With Insults

Did Scott Baio get a participation medal?

1 Like

Would not be a surprise if he was his own cousin.

2 Likes

Easy way to find out if this call never happened. I hope the Ds are subpoenaing the call records.

Make that 60% in the states with R senators running for re-election in 2020. Short of that, well, fuggedaboutit. 2022 and beyond Rs certainly are justified in thinking this will all be forgotten before fall of 2022.

1 Like

To what you wrote, I’d add: with all the content out there, its very easy to insulate yourself in what you want to read and hear. In “the old days” before the 'net and 500 channels and devices everywhere, this was much harder. It’s entirely likely that this 42% never exposes itself to anything besides Redstate, Fox, Brietbart, etc. If that’s all the input they get, of course they think this is all a hoax and the more important crisis is Uranium One, Benghazi, Clinton emails, and brown people at the border.

3 Likes

Can we have just one single about-to-retire-so-doesn’t-give-a-shit journalist just reply, to his face, “fuck you, Trump, nobody cares about your stupid lying ass opinion.”

I think he’d have a stroke and we’d be done with him.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve recently written about that here. Only, it’s WAY more than 500 “channels”, given all the online options, e.g. YouTube, blogs, reddit, chat rooms, etc. And they’re not all glued to RW outlets. A significant minority of this 42% is simply distracted and detached, not to much in the far-right orbit as in their own little siloed reality, and their innate RW leanings make them assume that while Trump may not be their ideal Repub he’s not THAT bad. But between diffuse media and RW media, between the haters and imbeciles (with lots of overlap), 42% of Americans are in some alternate reality where this makes sense and he’s doing a decent job. How does one break through to at least some of them? When he’s gone they’ll still be around and we can’t sustain democracy with 40% of the country unfit for it.

I know there are way more than 500 channels; it’s a historic reference to an early '90s John Malone prediction,

Wait a minute…the official story about the cameras alternated between (a) they were not working or (b) they were turned away from the cell. Is Barr a surveillance camera whisperer?

2 Likes

Such a gentleman he is.

First of all, I get my wife involved in on the fly greetings with someone I am talking to on the phone by just holding the phone away from my ear with no speaker phone. Works fine at 5-10 feet. I wouldn’t be suprised if Sonland (who I can’t help but like) was showing off by pulling the phone away from his ear. In fact the whole scenario would fit that behavior. Holmes may have been being polite by saying he didn’t know exactly why he did that. And when Trump, bless his soul (a fool’s errand for sure), says that the Republicans have “never been so unified” surely indicates the opposite based on his proven reactions to reality. To me, the discussions around our president need to start with compiling a list of the admirable things he has done in his life and go from there. I don’t think you need to even take the cap off the Sharpie ™.

3 Likes

Trump Weighs In On Holmes, Yovanovitch With A Heaping Dose Of Insults

OK then…if trump is willing to “heap insults”… (takes off gloves … stretches fingers) … Rats! Terms of Service…
Welp,… y’all get the idea…

1 Like

Let’s see. Been making calls for 40 years … Hmmmm … Ok - got it. Trump was not allowed to make phone calls until he was 31.

2 Likes

“ Trump Weighs In On Holmes, Yovanovitch” and is he ever fat!!!

1 Like

Trump may delude himself into thinking the military will take up arms to save him, but they won’t. My bet is most of the SEALS would not want to serve in the same unit with the rogues.

2 Likes

When I dare to say I believe that the 2020 election will end the way we want it to, that is with a Democrat in the WH and predictions of Democratic victory being on target, I’m then reminded we were assured over and over again that HRC had it sewn up. It’s not for me to make optimists out of cynics, but it’s what I have to do for myself.

As for TV talkers, there are too many of them, all vying for time and ideally later being cited as the latest wise man or woman who really knows what’s what because they say what they do with such confidence. I remind myself it’s a short step from confidence to conman.

1 Like

NPD is clearly the most distressing of mental illnesses. The lights seem on but only a vicious monster is at home. The Peice of S**t Around Which the World Revolves has never once in his life had to take the consequences of his actions. He should have been spanked and then punched in the mouth a few times when in school somewhere, like most people who said stupid, hurtful things before they learned better. He learned antisocial, hateful behavior from masters like Drumpf Sr. and Jr, and now it spreads to his rotten spawn.

How do all of you young parents deal with this since your children can’t be shielded in today’s world?

Thanks, Newt!

2 Likes

It’s occurred to me that one of the reasons trumPP is going all in to rescue one particular SEAL from punishment is that one of the crimes he’s charged with is killing civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan is that some of those he killed if not all were Muslims. We know this president doesn’t care and is probably gleeful that there are more dead Muslims than there were before. Moreover, it also exposes servicemen and women to even more heinous treatment in this never ending war.

2 Likes

Your reference to JFK’s murder seems to be the only one on the 11/22 comment boards, and I was waiting for an outpouring of remembrance and praise for the man. Perfect, far from it, but he worked toward becoming a president, Old Joe’s money helped of course, and he was a patriot and finally a martyr. Also glad no wackadoodle conspiracy theories were resurrected as they usually are around this time of year.

1 Like

I read the transcript of Trump’s phone “interview” on Fox. Captain Queeg all over again. Did the sound of clinking steel balls come through the phone?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available