Trump Weighs In On Holmes, Yovanovitch With Insults

President Donald Trump sounded off on the impeachment inquiry during his very lengthy call to “Fox and Friends” Friday morning, sharing some personal commentary about former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch and diplomat David Holmes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264579
1 Like

To borrow from Margin Call, what a “steaming pile of oderous excrement” that man is.

32 Likes

Not even the ball-licking lackeys of Fox and Friends know what to say, they were even more puzzled about the crowstrike BS.

Of course they will recover from their shock and go on to say that failure to hang a Dear Leader picture is worse than giving classified information to the Ruskies.

29 Likes

Trump declares he ''has never been able to hear the other side of a conversation from a phone not on speaker mode."

That makes sense. He rarely listens to anybody.

46 Likes

And, keep in mind, no matter how much of the crap keeps getting spewed, the Senate will not remove this lunatic from office. How will we ever take at least another year of this? I may have to put my head in the sand.

15 Likes

That’s what the GOP wants.

8 Likes

Again with the smearing and lying.
God I hate this No Nothing Twit!

12 Likes

Career government officials are attacked by Trump and the Secretary of State and Repubs fall silent. The Republican party is morally and ethically bankrupt. Another bankruptcy by Donnie to add to the many others!

39 Likes

“She wouldn’t hang my picture in the embassy. She is in charge of the embassy. She wouldn’t hang it. It look a year-and-a-half, two years to get the picture up. She said bad things about me … This was not an angel this woman, okay?”

WTF is the deal with Trump’s obsession with the realms angelic? Seems like every time he trashes some person or group these days, he feels driven to insist that they’re not angels, as if anyone had ever claimed that they were. His opposition apparently consists of entire choirs of not-angels.

Is that little fella on your shoulder starting to get to you, Donnie?

16 Likes

So maybe sissy boy will maybe testify in the Senate until someone explains to him there are Dems in the Senate.

5 Likes

As I said in another post, it’s exactly what Trump would say about a black man unnecessarily killed by the police for a minor infraction, like selling cigarettes on a sidewalk corner. It’s deflection.

29 Likes

Trump sure protests a lot for a guy who is so positive that his party will stay in lockstep behind him.

30 Likes

And OMG she didn’t hang my picture!!! OMG!!!

(Said in my best 13 year old girl voice)

22 Likes

The photo obsession sounds like Kim Jong Envy.

24 Likes

Although from what I’ve heard of the volume of his voice on this call to Fox, he’s disproven that line of defense.

15 Likes

Trump Weighs In On Holmes, Yovanovitch With A Heaping Dose Of Insults

Because insults, going on the offensive, is pretty much the only ‘defense’ he can muster. Look at the past 3 years. When has Trump ever mounted a bonafide legal defense other than delaying tactics. All Trump knows is how to start fights.

26 Likes

I get the deflection part; it’s the consistency of the phrasing that I find so striking. It’s always “they’re no angels”, never anything else. Clearly the man has angels, fallen or otherwise, on his mind, or what’s left of it.

11 Likes

The leading dementia-watchers say the entire call is an instant classic in the genre.

34 Likes

Regardless of the fix with the Senate he seems to be broadcasting, this man is doing a good imitation of a megalomaniac dilettante that has been found out. He knows, as does his minions that the picture is getting fuller and with higher resolution. That is why they keep trying to deflect from the purpose of the hearings. Maybe he won’t be impeached, but their future is getting bleaker as it goes. And his spewing is not going to help much.

It looks cornered, emotional and lunatic fringish at this point.

Also

1. If you have an understanding with the people who will judge you, you really should keep that to yourself.

2. Hey dude! Your buddy Netanyahu is being indicted.

14 Likes

I don’t think he thinks about angels much. I think he’s an inarticulate lummox and uses the most hackneyed, superficial phrases you could find, mostly incorrectly.

42 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available