Trump Tweeted Mike Pence Attack Two Minutes Before VP And Family Were Evacuated | Talking Points Memo

In the middle of the mob attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, Donald Trump attacked Mike Pence in a tweet. At that point, we learned Wednesday, Pence and his family had still not been evacuated to a safe location.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1359460
1 Like

Totally coincidental and unrelated. No way anyone can draw any direct line back to Trump.

25 Likes

The irony here is that in a just world, likely there are crimes for which Mike Pence could be convicted and jailed, if not hanged. I mean, he was, after all, in charge of the Federal response to COVID-19, and personally oversaw the death, during his tenure, of more than half a million American citizens.

19 Likes

I’ve only been listening to the hearing on the radio, a little bit at a time, over the past two days. Even the audio of the insurrection timeline is chilling. I had a strong visceral reaction to it. Like, I had to stop listening at one point.

15 Likes

Mike Pence was in Skanky Turdface, Iwanka Turdface, Don Turdface Jr., Rudy Giuiiani and the Trump Organization’s crosshairs. Skanky Turdface and many of the coup planners specifically called out his name to make him a target so that the violent conservative thugs, radicalized religious extremists, fascists and traitors at the rally would go after Pence while he was at the Capitol certifying the vote. Iwanka referred to traitors attacking the Capitol and seeking out Pence, over running Pelosi’s office and desecrating the well of the Senate as patriots.

5 Likes

You suffer from a common affliction known as “humanity”.

49 Likes

“Christ, what an asshole.” – Lucy von Pelt

14 Likes

Has Dence finally figured out ETTD?

9 Likes

You need to reconsider the contents of your stand up act because if this a preview, you’ve already bombed.

9 Likes

Which along with empathy is something completely absent in the character of our immediate past “president” and his mob.

7 Likes

The tick-tock on this perfectly reinforces Sidney Blumenthal’s brilliant psychogram of Pence and his relationship to Trump:

27 Likes

The “just” reward that Mike Pence received for agreeing to be Trump’s VP is to be thrown to the wolves, literally the murderous Trump mobs as thanks for all his efforts. I think there is some kind of a moral lesson in all this.

15 Likes

Every lie. Every vacuous denial of fact. Every smooth as silk defense of Trump’s assholery has come back to haunt Mike Pence. Despite his compulsion to attempt doing the right thing on Insurrection Day, it will take no act of Congress to ensure that he has no future in American public life.

17 Likes

WTF. No fucking way this guy should be called anything but Trump’s Toady.

4 Likes

Apparently when Pence finally grew a vag, he withstood a huge amount of pressure from Trump.

1 Like

Oh come on now you want to deny that Trump tosses his toadies when they’re of no use to him? You want to take issue with one word, while when it mattered Pence did find his courage to attach to his sticking point. That doesn’t mean we’ll forget what he didn’t do for most of 4 years, but the man’s life, and his family’s life was in danger.
Besides Pence is being used as a tool for our side. Just Elsa it.

2 Likes

Also where is Mike Pence now if he is such a “patriot”?
Is he testifying to what dt said in private that morning? Has he given the House managers an affidavit?

No of course not because Pence proves the one thing dt never lied about he could “shoot someone on 5th Avenue” or send a lynch mob in this case to stop Pence, and Pence will not do a damn thing to stop the evilness.

5 Likes

Not common enough in Washington, DC, nor in Mar-a-Lago.

6 Likes

So many missed opportunities for Pence to show leadership, and so passive while being abused.

8 Likes

What I gleaned about Pence from the articles is that he’s biblical cherry-picker…

For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed. For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD.
Jeremiah 28:8

…ye should be officers in the house of the LORD, for every man that is mad, and maketh himself a prophet, that thou shouldest put him in prison, and in the stocks.
Jeremiah 29:26

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available