Trump Turns WSJ Reporter Detained By Russia Into Re-Election Pawn

Surprised David didn’t include Russia’s response to TFG’s claim:

Basically TFG is full of it and a liar. No surprise, but seems like even Putin may be done with him.

51 Likes

If he were a dog, Kristi Noem would shoot him. Unless he promised to make her VP.

25 Likes

I dunno…look at his weird pursed lips when he‘s ranting. Reminds me mightily of a sphincter.

And the shit that he squeezes out of those lips just underscore it.

27 Likes

Wtf. From the NY Times:

“The South African team had also argued that Israel’s control over the two major border crossings in southern Gaza, at Rafah and Kerem Shalom, was preventing enough aid from getting in, plunging Gaza into “unprecedented levels of humanitarian need.” Few aid trucks are entering, according to U.N. data, but dozens of commercial trucks — which carry goods to sell rather than to distribute freely — have entered the enclave from the Kerem Shalom crossing.“

21 Likes

Apropos of nothing, the American justice system has proven itself totally incapable of dealing with a habitual criminal of Trump’s caliber. Supposed “trials” dragging on for year after year after year after year. Charges not being filed until 2-3 or more years after the alleged crimes were committed. “The obvious” not receiving an expedited trial and severe punishment.

Seriously. It makes a good case that this “democracy” thing has failed and something like fascism is necessary to set things right.

We Libz have sowed the seeds of our own destruction by efforts to protect the less fortunate accused, without realizing that well-to-do and ethics-free criminals would use them as literal “Get Out of Jail Free!” cards.

No, I don’t have a solution. But it isn’t one party rule or a “strongman” approach.

10 Likes

My kitteh is cuter than your cat and there’s no doggo to spoil the beauty of it!

31 Likes

Or a blind-eyed single issue mentality. I, too, hate Biden’s unconditional propping up of Israel and full blown military support and diplomatic immunity for its genocide. But I’ll still vote for him. Look at the alternative!!

21 Likes

Penny on the lookout for the next reprehensible thing that TFG does next.

25 Likes

But a functioning sphincter has to STFU at least some of the time. DFG lies in his sleep.

8 Likes

Observing the activities of the Republicans in the legislative process will prove to be fascinating, I think.

57 Likes

But were they paid to attend? The Defendant has a long record of paid “crowds”, dating back to at least his Golden Escalator schtick.

25 Likes

This transgression of TPM norms will not stand!

7 Likes

Cat wars!

No comment seems safest.

10 Likes

I’ve lived in Vermont for more than 50 years. Sometimes, we get lucky and summer falls on the fourth of July. :grin:

28 Likes

I wonder if Putin just enjoys publicly humiliating him, over and over, secure in the knowledge that Trump’s devotion to him won’t budge.

34 Likes

Confirmation that people attending his rally just follow him around the country.

People traveled to the event from states as far away as Florida and Georgia.

Estimated attendance is ~3500. Reported breathlessly as “thousands attend!” I’m assuming it will be inflated many times over by his campaign.

Also attending -

25 Likes

…an easily played neophyte in geopolitics who can’t distinguish his personal and political interests from the national interest.

He’s never had to distinguish between the two and republicans and his followers accepted that.

He’s the boy from the Twilight Zone’s “It’s a Good Life” personified.

16 Likes

Nikki Haley is a tiny-brained Renfield who obsequiously cleans op other people’s shitty asses!

8 Likes

Oh yes, there are Trump “groupies” that Filipkowski recognized from other Trump rallies and from out of state. It’s also true that the Trump campaign seeds the audience with GOP functionaries pretending to be “people on the street”.

But bear in mind, from an equal opportunity misanthrope, that there are absolute berks in every race and ethnic group.

28 Likes

In a city of 6 million Trump managed to pull a thousand people to one of his rallies, no way he’s not the most popular person to ever walk the face of this planet.

13 Likes