Trump Turns WSJ Reporter Detained By Russia Into Re-Election Pawn

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1490460
2 Likes

First. And no effing cat.

21 Likes

shirking your sacred duty!

60 Likes

Related: Trump Praises Authoritarians In Bronx Rally

Well, that deserves a Bronx Cheer.

And here is Max the Cat, who received a Doctorate in Litterature from a university in Vermont.

51 Likes

35 Likes

Donald Trump is not a good person.

49 Likes

Buster do love Spring in VT

51 Likes

Donald J. Trump: The baby at every baptism. The bride at every wedding. The corpse at every funeral. The sphincter at every asshole.

59 Likes

I’ve long wondered this myself and the answer I’ve come up with is that yes, this society is collectively stupid and uniformed enough to push that button.

74 Likes

People can’t see beyond the end of their own noses.

9 Likes

What’s the proper protocol: Dr. Max or Professor Max?

5 Likes

An ass he is. A functioning sphincter he is not.

18 Likes

He’s a cat.

His Royal Majesty is the only appropriate title.

I think it’s going to be a long holiday weekend, with no MM’s until Tuesday when all hell breaks loose. Calm before the storm and all that.

The weather here at the farm is supposed to be stunning all the way through late Sunday when it starts to rain and continues throughout Monday. [sigh]

26 Likes

The worst part about TFG being a fascist is that so many want to follow him. Blind sheep…I do hope they are in the minority when the votes come in next November. As far as his “transgressiveness”? It’s pretty much a given at this point. He is a disgusting traitor to this country who has no business in the Oval Office. Please beat him at the ballot box.

45 Likes

Milbank is on a roll.

Archive link: https://archive.ph/1HGvw

45 Likes

He’s going to bring that guy back and Mexico’s going to pay for it. How can people be this fucking stupid?

36 Likes

Wow. This is about the most eye-popping Morning Memo I can remember. Whew! Get me away from my razor blades!

32 Likes

For my daily rant about negative partisanship, I’m going to say that it depends on how many people don’t want Biden to have another four years.

It isn’t always about wanting Trump. For many voters, it’s turning a blind eye to who Trump is and what his administration would mean, because they really, really don’t want a Democrat. It’s blind tribal loyalty.

30 Likes

Normalizing.

His speech was at once hilariously deranged, fraught with lies and alarming in its demagoguery. But yeah, there were some Puerto Ricans, Orthodox Jews and Black people there.

30 Likes

Enjoy it while he can. When I lived in VT, summer was the second weekend in August.

16 Likes