Trump: ‘Tremendous Week With The Hoax’ | Talking Points Memo

A few hours after sounding off on the impeachment inquiry during a lengthy call to “Fox and Friends” Friday morning, President Trump still had more grievances to air.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264694
1 Like

“What whistleblower?” Trump said. “I don’t think there is. I consider it to be a fake whistleblower, because what he wrote didn’t correspond to what I said.”

If Trump feels this to be true why hasn’t he fired the IG for perpetuating a fraud?

28 Likes

Fifty six years ago today we mourned the assassination of the President. Today the President is a moron, grifter, POS who has destroyed our standing in the world. Not much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

46 Likes

Yeah, at this point it’s pretty much unfixable.

5 Likes

This was a great week. The House Democrats managed to present a very convincing case — I think it will take a little while to sink in, but listening to the Republican spin on the radio this morning was very cheering. The desperation hung like a fog around their words. The interviewer on NPR sounded like he was having a conversation with a not very convincing android. i think the polling should be moving at least a bit this week.

38 Likes

“They call it the impeachment hoax. “

Actually, you call it that.

39 Likes

I’m thankful when “the holiday season” is finally over.

Let’s put Saturn back in Saturnalia.

21 Likes

Oh it ain’t a hoax buddy. You are getting impeached.*

* You may stay in office with the help of your craven allies, but you will be going to trial in the Senate.

23 Likes

I think the closest historical example to working in the WH for the President would be working for Caligula, if Caligula had the vocabulary of a five year old.

16 Likes

I doubt that Trump will spare a moment for JFK today, so the rest of us should. Just a moment.

18 Likes

So many inflection points in history.

7 Likes

Frankly, if the Dems are really done with the inquiry, this was a hoax on the left for caring and they did have a great week. Public support for impeachment has dropped and they’re just packing it in.

Well, to be fair, the WB complaint was a bit sparse on the “beautifuls”, “fabulouses”, “believe mes” “we’ll see what happenses”, diverse malaprops and questionable syntax, as well as its lacking bizarre facial expressions and gesticulations. Other than that, it was a perfect complaint.

23 Likes

LOL, ok Trumpf. If you say enough I’m sure 30% of the population will believe it.

6 Likes

This is all Trump has. He’s looking for awed looks, people looking aghast, people disapproving, people being surprised and people looking stunned.

People looking demoralized

To the extent that our comments today reflect the effectiveness of that tactic (to enhance his strategy to stay out of jail), I give us a C-.

We still fall for the bullshit

10 Likes

President Kornbluth: “What a week I’m having!”

16 Likes

No, silly. Caligula was sexually obsessed with his sister, not his daughter!

8 Likes

I’m not so much demoralized as shaking-my-headized. I’m having a severe torticolis as I type.

14 Likes

Him and Bobby
I always ponder the What ifs?

8 Likes

So, mass suicide pact, then?

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available