Trump Threatens To Destroy Iran’s Culturally Significant Sites. That’s Considered A War Crime.

From the WaPo article above:

The body of slain commander, Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, arrived in Iran as Tehran said only U.S. military sites would be targeted.

I don’t believe Esper’s story. Why should I? The track record for truth from the Trump administration is horrible.

24 Likes

I can’t wrap my head around what possessed these advisors to dangle that bait in front of him.
Or why they claim they were stunned he took it.

55 Likes

He has his name slapped on properties all over the place. They are all targets now, Who knew war crimes were bad for business?

27 Likes

Indeed. I’m not certain that even the cult members believe them on any level. They see the lies as means of achieving virtuous results.

26 Likes

As far as I am concerned you win the interwebs this AM

2 Likes

Well, there’s Granddaddy’s axiom…

22 Likes

Maybe Trump and his to brave sons will lead our troops to victory.
Or maybe they we continue hiding behind anyone who will protect them while talk like men and cower like cowards.

10 Likes

Has Pompeo said yet which of these people is here to hail us as liberators?

Asking for a neocon.

ETA: here’s footage of the funeral procession. Somehow, I don’t think it will be enough to simply preface every mention of Soleimani with a phrase like “remember, he was also a terrorist.”

50 Likes

Let the Republican chaos begin.

28 Likes

I know! We’ve heard stories that critical info was held from him in briefings, because he’s such a blabbermouth. Why wasn’t this?

I wonder if his so-called WH advisors or other bad actors were whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

14 Likes

Why would anyone uncritically accept what was published in the NYT? Anyone who knows Trump knows that if presented with an alternative that was certain to present him with an ego-gratifying result there is a substantial probability of him choosing that alternative. These people are “telling stories”.

26 Likes

On Press The Meat, Mike Pomposity made Trump the 3rd, 4th, & 5th coming of Christ, salvation-wise.

15 Likes

Esper should ask Colin Powell for some of those detailed images of Iraqi mobile chemical weapons labs that Powell presented to the UN General Assembly and the World back in 2003.

19 Likes

Trump actually tweeted sites “important to Iran & the Iranian culture” so the reference to cultural sites is accurate. Facts matter.

43 Likes
46 Likes

What was the timing? Was it before or after the threat of targeting cultural and religious sites? If it was after, then well played, Tehran. The US threatens war crimes, and Tehran sounds measured.

16 Likes

Ah, the second coming of ISIS at the behest of Little Donnie pitching a fit and showing the world he is a BIG man.

15 Likes

WMD’s for a new decade.

Weapons of Meglomaniac Donnie.

14 Likes
67 Likes

Everything seems to be working out just splendidly.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available