Trump Threatens To Destroy Iran’s Culturally Significant Sites. That’s Considered A War Crime.

On Saturday night, President Donald Trump threatened to destroy Iran’s sites of cultural significance amid his aggressive push for war in the region.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1282673
1 Like

As long as Pregnant Donnie stays in the spotlight , he doesn`t give a dump (how many flushes now Donnie ?) .

13 Likes

I noticed the TV morning news is saying “52 sites” targeted, not cultural sites. (WAR CRIMES)

Liberal media my ass.

42 Likes

Dark triad people don’t get the whole “things nobody should do” concept. But for a guy who says he’s not trying to start a war, he sure is doing things that tend to start wars.

64 Likes

Enough to convict yet, GOP? This one seems pretty clear…

29 Likes

Gee. I wonder if committing war crimes is an impeachable offense.

/snark

62 Likes

Donnie doesn’t give a fuck because he’s mental.

17 Likes

This battle will be interesting.

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi told parliament that Iraq’s government must establish a timetable for the withdrawal of all foreign troops “for the sake of our national sovereignty.” His recommendation follows a U.S. strike that killed Iran’s Quds Force commander, Qasem Soleimani, and a key Iraqi leader of Iran-backed militias. “What happened was a political assassination,” Mahdi said of the strike. “Iraq cannot accept this.”

32 Likes

How soon before tRump properties are targets. Light up one and the entire bunch looses business. Will troops be deployed to protect private property? Will the troops be charged exorbitant rates?
Peace

45 Likes

Defense Secretary Mark Esper claimed on Friday that Soleimani “was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region.”

Completely unsubstantiated! This is horseshit.

54 Likes

And the Times is reporting that the air strike was presented as the worst option in a range of possible responses, and that’s the only one he wanted.

Yeah, he’s going for the Wag the Osama defense.

29 Likes

Maybe he can get his new buddy Ed Gallagher to help him out. He could open up a new Department of War Crimes and put Gallagher in the top spot having so much experience in those matters.

35 Likes

They don’t have to shoot at us to humiliate us. If the Iraqis kick us out we’ll be humbled before the world. It’s a brilliant stroke, and we damn well brought it on ourselves.

61 Likes

From the WaPo article above:

The body of slain commander, Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, arrived in Iran as Tehran said only U.S. military sites would be targeted.

I don’t believe Esper’s story. Why should I? The track record for truth from the Trump administration is horrible.

24 Likes

I can’t wrap my head around what possessed these advisors to dangle that bait in front of him.
Or why they claim they were stunned he took it.

55 Likes

He has his name slapped on properties all over the place. They are all targets now, Who knew war crimes were bad for business?

27 Likes

Indeed. I’m not certain that even the cult members believe them on any level. They see the lies as means of achieving virtuous results.

26 Likes

As far as I am concerned you win the interwebs this AM

2 Likes

Well, there’s Granddaddy’s axiom…

22 Likes

Maybe Trump and his to brave sons will lead our troops to victory.
Or maybe they we continue hiding behind anyone who will protect them while talk like men and cower like cowards.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available