Trump Tees Up Revenge Cycle With ‘I Am Your Retribution’ Speech

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

What more warning do we need? He’s the only president twice impeached, to attempt a coup, and to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power. Despite the blizzard of lies, half-truths, and deceptions, he usually conveys exactly what he means to do. Like an aging rock star hitting the road for one last hurrah, Trump’s 2024 campaign is the “Retribution” tour.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1450058

“Jesus Christ, what an asshole.” — Lucy van Pelt

39 Likes

Fuck this fat fucking fuck.

13 Likes

I saw his statement this morning on the news and it sounded like 2016.

37 Likes

Same goes with all of the GOP.

10 Likes

Fat Boy has always been a one-hit wonder of grievance.

There’s a marvelous story from Sir Richard Branson who made the mistake of having lunch with Fat Boy in the early 90s, shortly after he’d recovered from his first of oh-so-many bankruptcies. As Branson recalls it, the entire time all Fat Boy did was bitch and moan about the people who didn’t come to his rescue and how he was going to fuck them up the first chance he got. It was a psychotic one-man band of infantile revenge and payback. Branson said it made him sick to sit there and listen to him.

65 Likes

I know I’ll get fried for this, but couldn’t we just have a little hope for the future of the country and lead with Biden in Selma story, rather than half of MM being the Retribution campaign?

48 Likes

If it bleeds, it leads.

6 Likes

30 Likes

Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, the two main anchors, suggested it was not enough to call a state based on numerical calculations, the standard by which networks have made such determinations for generations, but that viewer reaction should be considered. “In a Trump environment,” Ms. MacCallum said, “the game is just very, very different.”

Idiocracy

72 Likes

‘Their worst nightmare’: Trump labels U.S. democracy a ‘very dangerous system’ during CPAC speech - Alternet.org

Trump went on to call the electoral process in the United States a “very bad” and a “very dangerous system” that only he and the far-right attendees at CPAC can overcome.

39 Likes

Trump sells. If he were elected most news sites would be thrilled. Not because of Trump but the ads and money.

14 Likes

IOW, just declare every state after the first rural town reports 20 votes and the state is Red…

15 Likes

And these are the asshats who refer to liberals as “snowflakes.”

Awwww, the poor babies.

18 Likes

Genius strategy here
Trump operatives plan to attack rivals for not embracing Capitol rioters - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

Politico is reporting that allies of former President Donald Trump plan to criticize rival 2024 presidential candidates for being insufficiently supportive of the people who violently stormed the United States Capitol building, chanted for the hanging of Vice President Mike Pence, and sent lawmakers fleeing for their lives.

Trump plans to abolish U.S. Education Department if elected - Washington Times

34 Likes

Speaking of diseased orange things, er, Toadglans mit der Bone Spurs von Queens ….

A Newly Discovered STD Was Just Named After Donald Trump

45 Likes

A Faustian bargain if there ever was one, since we all know Fat Boy would order every news outlet to write fawning stories about him or disband them if he could.

15 Likes

Trump Tees Up A Cycle Of Revenge With ‘I Am Your Retribution’ Speech

The turd speaks.

27 Likes

It sounded more to me like this:
“Do you know what “nemesis” means?
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. In this case by a horrible c**t…me.”
Bricktop
“Snatch”

13 Likes

“’I am your retribution’ was said today on anniversary of Lincoln’s second inaugural in which he said he had ‘malice toward none.’”

Michael Beschloss nicely highlights the devolution of the Republican party.

42 Likes