Trump Suggests Supreme Court Will ‘Get What They Deserve’ While Ripping McConnell Again | Talking Points Memo

Former President Donald Trump aired stale, false grievances about election fraud in a statement late Monday deriding both the Supreme Court and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for ultimately refusing to play into his antidemocratic bid to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369352
1 Like

Unhinged.

26 Likes

Now that he no longer has any statutory power, his derangement is becoming evident even to several on the Republican side. Bye-bye, Trump 2024.

26 Likes

Whoa. The vile bad ass from the swamp let it rip!

4 Likes

The fact that Trump is complaining about a ‘politically correct’ Supreme Court is rich. There is little doubt in my mind that the court has become over politicized, but they are certainly not acting in what I would call a ‘politically correct’ manner. The fact that they are a Republican majority court cannot be argued, Justice Bryer’s reasoning is way off, and he needs to retire.

20 Likes

The grievances are, indeed, both false and stale. His impotent flailing for attention should be relegated to a sidebar mention, not a blaring headline that awards him the relevance that he lost long ago.

27 Likes

Why don’t the Q-folks and the GOP true believers ever ask why the hell did Donald Trump never fight for his own presidency? Why was it everyone else’s responsibility to do so but not his?

Sleepy Joe Biden wiped the floor with Donald’s pathetic comb-over and Donald didn’t do anything about it? Why not?

He was either too stupid or maybe too wimpy?

27 Likes

And so starts another day in The Land Of The Delusional ! Stay tuned while we read again from the same script as yesterday, forever and ever with no chance of Icky Reality finding it’s way in. Sigh…

12 Likes

Rich, but also incoherent.

What he’s demanding is precisely that: a politically correct Court.

And he’s whining because the Court went off-script (as Republicans see it).

29 Likes

"President Biden campaigned on a promise of lowering the temperature and uniting a divided nation. If he really meant it, he would stop giving oxygen to a dangerous, antiquated idea and stand up to the partisans hawking it,” he added.

Lowering the temperaure and uniting a divided nation sound like really good ideas to me. Some of the best ideas have been around for thousands of years, so if I were McConnell I would ease up on antiquity. That dog won’t hunt.

9 Likes

deriding both the Supreme Court and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell

Foolish as ever.

But the more he derides them, the less time he has for the rest of us – so there’s that.

23 Likes

So now he’s threatening the Supremes? Is there anyone he WON’T insult, berate, threaten or just plain sht on? He really is a rotten-to-the-core bully boy…and then more these silly Cons suck up to him, the worse he gets.

29 Likes

If I have to be stuck in Groundhog Day, may I please have Bill Murray’s version?

27 Likes

The man is truly mentally ill and cannot accept/see reality. And the Republican Party isn’t much better, including the so-called “moderates”. This is their problem, but it is like a slow motion crash with many fatalities. But they just don’t care. More the shame.

I’m just waiting for the Federal court system to make their findings public. It takes time, but I’ll wait.

24 Likes

Still unable to move on, the former president suggested in a statement released through his Save America PAC late Monday, that the high court would “get what they deserve,” after it famously refused to a long-shot Texas lawsuit to throw out the election results in four battleground states.

I’m just wondering when/if it will dawn on Republicans that their hero, Dotard T rumpp, is not mentally stable.

13 Likes

Frankenstein is turning, inevitably, on his creator. He will not stop until the GOP and McConnell are finished.

17 Likes

The dog barks at night.
The caravan moves on.
Roll up a newspaper.

8 Likes

If he really meant it, he would stop giving oxygen to a dangerous, antiquated idea and stand up to the partisans hawking it

McConnell wants us to believe he’s talking about Biden and the horror that is “court-packing.”

I’d rather believe he’s talking about Trump and the horror that is “white supremacy.”

6 Likes

Re-upping this from the magisterial and laudably concise Elizabeth Drew, back when the former guy was the current occupant:

34 Likes

Doubt it will ever happen. Many of them are similarly afflicted.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available