Trump Suggests Supreme Court Will ‘Get What They Deserve’ While Ripping McConnell Again | Talking Points Memo

At what point do all the headlines about him just default to “Old Orange Man Yells at Cloud”?

15 Likes

Former President Donald Trump aired stale, false grievances about election fraud in a statement late Monday deriding both the Supreme Court and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for ultimately refusing to play into his antidemocratic bid to overturn the 2020 presidential election

He sounds like a demented old man but that isn’t news. He is.

Somebody needs to get him some mental health treatment.

11 Likes

One of the most fascinating aspects of Mr. Trump’s political career was his ability to constantly make contradictory and internally inconsistent statements at zero political cost.

28 Likes

It may take several thousand tries, but you’ll get the girl eventually. We all must learn from our mistakes.

2 Likes

If there is a group that I am certain will never get what’s coming to them, it’s the Supreme Court.

23 Likes

Nobody in his world cares about him enough.

25 Likes

I’m fine with solitary confinement as his treatment.

10 Likes

There are two basic tenets in Psychology when dealing with mental issues:

1. Acknowledge there’s a problem.
  2. Wanting to do something about it.

Neither of these is in play with T****. And no one around him is going to change that. He thinks he’s perfectly fine, even though he’s as crazy as a loon.

17 Likes

The Republican Party needs to see a divorce attorney.

Or maybe not…

4 Likes

this is the world’s largest projection screen

and it’s still not big enough to fit that statemtent from #MM.

8 Likes

We know for damn sure that Melania doesn’t care about him! She broadcasts that fact on her wardrobe! Now that winter’s gone, she’ll probably wear that message on her leggings and tube-top.

6 Likes

Did he do the shower bit?

3 Likes

I’m reminded of the story billionaire Richard Branson recalled about Trump. Trump once invited him to dinner. Branson agreed, assuming they would discuss some philanthropic endeavor. Instead Trump went on for hours about how he was going to get revenge against some businesses partners who screwed him. Branson ultimate excused himself and left.

24 Likes

If the process of placing a justice on the Supreme Court is, indeed, “unconstitutional”, then the POTUS who placed the last three on the court should be held responsible.
He must have felt emboldened after receiving a trophy this weekend. Tanned, rested, and ready, I guess.

9 Likes

We can certainly give thanks that he’s no longer on Twitter. (We can only hope that reporting on tweets is relegated to the back pages.)

7 Likes

Seriously, never mind mental health treatment that’s not effectively forced on a person, does nobody in his world see how pathetic and demeaning these wild, empty threats are?

13 Likes

I knew we were doomed in 2016 when Trump mocked, on camera a reporter, Serge Kovaleski (?) who was born with a serious birth defect. It had little if any negative effect on Trump’s campaign.
Forty years ago such viscous mocking would have ended his run for the WH by the day after.

28 Likes

I would imagine most of his staff does but he has surrounded himself with people who won’t admit seeing how pathetic and demeaning his wild and empty threats are even if they do.

7 Likes

What was Josh’s phrase: “performative cruelty”?

15 Likes

It’s not Josh’s phrase. I believe it comes from the Pledge of Allegiance.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available