Trump Says Roger Stone’s Prayer For A Pardon ‘May Be Answered’ | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump suggested in two interviews on Thursday that he would consider granting a pardon or clemency to Roger Stone, his friend and former confidant who was convicted, among other charges, of lying to Congress.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319766
1 Like

Sure sure sure…
Just remember Trumpy…

You are NOT a king
And
You cannot pardon yourself, your family or BFFs on state crimes!

Just ask the Supremes…

13 Likes

If Trump pardons Stone, the Stone will still have to testify in all the upcoming investigations, no?

24 Likes

one would think so. But new laws and EO’s can suddenly arise

SDNY gonna get ya, Donnie.

No pardon for you…

18 Likes

This is an appropriate time to eschew the tradition of not legally pursuing your predecessor, Mr. Biden.

34 Likes

Creepy √
Criminal √
Undeserving √

Well, Stone meets all the requirements so I’ll withhold my surprise when he’s pardoned.

15 Likes

What blackmail material is Stone sitting on?

3 Likes

“I am always thinking,” Apricot Caligula told Fox News commentator Sean Hannity

I call bullshit.

22 Likes

Maybe Drumpf is treating Stone like one of his contractors: stringing them along with empty promises so as to have more disappointment and rage to relish when he doesn’t deliver.

9 Likes

I envision MUTINY AT THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT, if that happens. Even Barr has supposeably told tRump not to do it.

15 Likes

All the more reason that he will do it.

8 Likes

In another Thursday interview when conservative radio host Howie Carr told Trump that his former associate was “praying” for a pardon before he reports to prison on Tuesday, Trump said “his prayer may be answered,” adding, “Let’s see what happens.”

Reality inside the shitball that is the Orange Menace’s brain:
"Seriously. What good is corrupt power if you can’t use it corruptly?"

12 Likes

The law and order President.

14 Likes

Why talk about Stone now?

This is just another rant/projection/distraction/red-meat-to-the-Cult

7 Likes

Donnie, if you’re going to pardon Stone (and we know you will), just do it now. Why not show the entire electorate your level of corruption?

Better yet: do it in the third week of October.

11 Likes

trumpp is such a tease… Everybody says so. For someone who is ostensibly not a king, he sure acts, and is enabled, like one.

2 Likes

Excuse me… are you willing to have Roger Stone testify? If you do have him do it in the compost heap so you don’t have to clean all the horseshit afterwards. The man just cannot tell the truth.

2 Likes

O/T

https://www.newsweek.com/ice-launching-citizens-academy-course-how-agency-arrests-immigrants-1516656
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency is set to launch a six-week “Citizens Academy” course on immigration enforcement, which will include training for citizens on how to arrest undocumented immigrants.

A letter published online by The St. Louis Inter-Faith Committee on Latin America (IFCLA) appears to show ICE Chicago Field Office Director Robert Guadian inviting shareholders to participate in the course, which includes six days of training over a six-week period starting in September.

7 Likes

Release Roger!!!

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available