Trump’s Vindman Ouster Tweet | Talking Points Memo

President Trump weighed in on the ouster of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman from the National Security Council in a Saturday morning tweet, appearing to bolster the White House’s references to “retribution” following the Senate’s acquittal of both impeachment charges against him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1290136

A fair number of us outer borough NYC folks know decent and patriotic when we see it. To unfortunately paraphrase Sarah Palin and the reactionary Westbrook Pegler
“We grow some good people here”
Only a few subway stops from where Trump nursed his bone spurs was the zip code with the highest Vietnam era casualty rate. Most of the veterans who are still alive loath him.
Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is a Ukrainian immigrant from Brighton Beach Brooklyn had the good sense not to follow in the steps of his mobbed up neighbors Lev and Igor along with that other draft dodger Giuliani and performed his patriotic duty.
I’d like to think most Americans are decent enough to understand that.

89 Likes

73 Likes
92 Likes
67 Likes

I gotta do my morning walk so a perfunctory:

“Fuck you, you obese, spray-tanned, brain-addled turd monger!

80 Likes

“U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland also became the second impeachment witness to lose his job Friday.”

So Gordy invested a million dollars, only to increase the unemployment rate?

Tell me again how the rich are “job creators”…

66 Likes

We can either dodge the news, vomit after reading the paper, give up on politics or throw these criminal traitors OUT of our White House. AND do a real cleansing job in the US Senate, too!

Run for office. Register people to vote. Get to the polls!

If you want to know what public offices are available to you in your community check this site. Enter your ZIP code to see open offices: https://www.runforoffice.org/

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. You’ll meet with neighborhood Dems and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office. Check with your local party Chair.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump, and over half of all eligible voters just stayed home in 2016. Today’s 17 and 18-year old’s will be voting for President this year. Are they ready?

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly. Get appointed to your Planning Commission. Know everything going on in your community.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The 2020 census starts this year when we redraw Congressional Districts. Stop the GOP-led gerrymandering that keeps Jordan and Gohmert and King in office!

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led Voter run-around help them do that. The GOP fears a level playing ground and they brag about voter suppression. To see your state’s voter registration requirements look here: https://www.vote.org/voter-registration-deadlines/

Download and print copies of this Federal Voter Registration form, valid in all 50 states and all US Territories. If you’re a US Citizen you can help any other US Citizen register to vote. Instructions are on the form: https://vote.gov/files/federal-voter-registration_1-25-16_english.pdf

This site, https://www.aauw.org/resource/organize-a-voter-registration-drive/, has a how-to on organizing a voter registration drive or just sitting outside Wal Mart with a folding chair and a card table.

Civics, Civility and Civilization share the same roots.

You Got To Run!

23 Likes

I hope all those GOP Senators who voted to acquit tRump are proud of their votes now. He obviously has learned that he can do anything now

43 Likes

The episode where Senator Alexander can’t seem to wash out that damned spot

40 Likes

Senator Collins, please tell us exactly what you think the president* learned from impeachment.

34 Likes

To be fair, Trump is an A Hole, he cant help it.

7 Likes

Trump is such a petty, nasty, loathsome creature.

Sorry, Donnie, but putting Lt. Col. Vindman’s rank in quotes in your tweets does not and cannot diminish the service to and sacrifice for this country that both Lt. Col. Vindman and his brother have given to earn their rank.

Equally, Cadet Bonespurs, you cannot change the fact that you are a draft-dodging moron who has never done a damn thing for anyone but yourself.

63 Likes

I’m starting to think maybe he really is a PERFECT PRESIDENT. He just threads these needles so well, weaving a PERFECT tapestry of level-headed statesmanship!

8 Likes

I find it both tragic an ironic that Trump is attacking an honorable american warrior when the most significant brush with military service in his family tree comes from his grandfather that dodged the draft, fled to america made his fortune with land speculation and by pimping women in his boarding houses. Following that, dear old grand dad moved back home, bought himself a bride and tried to buy his way back in his country’s good graces only to be kicked out again. Truly, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

35 Likes

No, don’t give her a chance to speak again. She should be entirely ignored going forward. You can hardly see her anyway given all the Trump slime she is now coated in. Shut up Susan is my advice to her.

23 Likes

62 Likes

Lawyers

19 Likes

Speaking of spray-tanned, etc - this is an official photo released yesterday by the White House

16 Likes

Un you vill be loyal to Der Fuehrer! Heil!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available