Trump’s Tantrums On And Before Jan. 6, According To Ex-Meadows Aide

Cassidy Hutchinson, who served as a top aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, offered damning testimony as the witness during the Jan. 6 Select Committee’s public hearing on Tuesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421896
2 Likes

First!

30 Likes

25 Likes

Trump-destablized-Dec-2021

29 Likes

You want fries with that?

16 Likes

Totally Stable Genius™

19 Likes

“Ketchupgate!”

28 Likes

An overgrown, spoiled child sat in the Oval Office for four years. Let us not make that same mistake again.

26 Likes

I missed it all this morning, busy with other things, so this is the very first time I’m seeing all this. On the one hand it’s not surprising that Trump would act like this. On the other, holy shit this is insane to read about…the president grabbing the limo steering wheel and trying to force them to take him to the Capitol? Attacking an aide? That literally sounds nuts.

I haven’t read about the rest of it yet, but this part alone is horrifying…I honestly can’t really think of any modern president, with the possible exception of Nixon, who would think “I’m the f-ing president, do what I say!” It’s just not the way any of them really would have acted in that situation. Alone, it’s enough that Trump should lose all respect…if it’s coming out that he was really part of the planning of the violence, or tried to help it along, hopefully that is enough to undo him permanently.

18 Likes

D’ya think the Supreme court will allow it? What about the States?

Other than extraordinary non-TFG supporting turnout, how does the nation avoid this when so many think TFG was right on 6 Jan? And it’s not just the executive branch, but the legislative branch as well, including at the State level.

1 Like

I truly believe that what the J6 actually has left to show us is more damaging than what we have yet to see.

My trepidation, leading up to the start of the Hearings, was getting them rolling and making the American People part of it–as opposed to some “Democrat Witch Hunt”.

We avoided that.

14 Likes

Too much mustard, not enough ketchup for tfg.

3 Likes

I honestly can’t really think of any modern president, with the possible exception of Nixon, who would think “I’m Donald J. Trump, do what I say!”
FIFY

4 Likes

His people will see him as a hero for that, fighting back the Secret Service, as the Deep State dragged him down. They did less in person any of them carved into Stone Mountain.

4 Likes

I genuinely believe this story, as well as all the other stories, are missing the key takeaway from today’s testimony.

Trump planned and fully intended to march straight into the Senate at the head of an armed mob and, using the power of the Presidency backed by his raging followers, stop the vote count and retain the Oval Office by force.

I can’t even begin to imagine what would have happened if he suddenly appeared in the Senate, marched to the front backed by Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and others, and announced that the election was over and he won.

The President of the United States was planning an actual violent coup, and was only stopped when the Secret Service refused to take him to the Capitol.

Isn’t that the big story out of today’s testimony?

37 Likes

Well, remember during the 2016 campaign when Trump was criticized for “not having the required temperament to hold the office of President of the United States?” That fact has been confirmed over and over and over and over since that criticism was rendered. What more information do his supporters and enablers need to rip the mask off of their adoration?

23 Likes

But one wonders if it was taco sauce?

3 Likes

Hey, if that former guy “suddenly appeared” in either the Senate or on the floor of the House in joint session with Mike Pence presiding, he would not have needed his armed mob … Pence would have immediately deferred to him.

But, with the mob, people would have most cerainly gotten hurt or killed.

2 Likes

I wonder if he threw his plate before or after he finished the six Big Macs?

8 Likes

I’m less amused by the food throwing, which according to Ms Hutchinson, was not a one-off. Even worse was his jerking up the tablecloth so everything fell to the floor – in OUR White House – and smashed. Yet everybody just tolerated and ignored it.

This kind of infantile behavior should have, at the very least, have been leaked to the media. Filmed or photographed. Screaming tirades taped. And yet, along with all the other leakage from an unprecededly leaky White House, we’ heard nothing.

The rot in the Republican Party is complete.

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available