Trump’s Social Network In Danger Of Closure | Talking Points Memo

Classic photo, and as it happens I’m making pancakes for some house guests this morning (after they wake up). Or is that a flapjack on the bunny?

Just a gently placed pancake. On the head of a tolerant bunny.

OT:

3 Likes

Then I would definitely avoid Mr. Von Drehle’s latest “the MSM is unfairly and viciously piling onto Joe Rogan” dreck over at WaPo!

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think that’ll fit on the sked for today, got a few other things to do.

2 Likes

Big fan eh?

“Dr” Gorka would know all about clowns. And underpowered Mustangs.

1 Like

That’s not new. Goes back more than 20 years to the “web2.0” boom.

3 Likes

They were eliminated so he could reallocate the money to build Wall*, whether that reallocation was legal or not.

*yes, that’s how they referred to it at the time. Just “Wall”. Not “the wall”, or “a wall”.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m off, but this time feels different. Meme stocks and crypto don’t even pretend to deliver anything more than they do, and people just manipulate them to play Monopoly with their cash.

At least web 2.0 stuff was attempting to deliver services in new ways, may have been oversold and certainly some scams, but players like Amazon have demonstrated over time that the ideas were in the right place.

If “this time” did not feel different, then that would be different.

and doing things like pretending the gross value of transactions they facilitated between two third parties could be counted as their own revenue.
…and still today we have companies like uber who are subsidizing their “services” with investor cash while pretending to have invented a new business model.

Amazon was never considered a web2.0 company, though many web2.0 companies attempted to explain away their own lack of a viable business model by comparing themselves with AMZ since AMZ “also” did not turn a profit, while studiously ignoring that AMZ covered their operating costs from cash flow, and that any excess cash flow was plowed back in to grow the business.

4 Likes

The child-carrying over-alls are known in the burbs as Mumsies, a brand name.

2 Likes

I see. I still have questions but I’m committed to just saying fuck it. A person should mean what he or she says, dammit. :smile:

2 Likes

Totally remember that. Weird linguistic quirks stick in my mind, far more than ways to make money. Trump said “wall” like once, and then the others took it up, never mind the weirdness, the way Pence once saw Trump put his water on the floor and immediately put his own water on the floor. Why should you put your water on the floor? Who the fuck knows? You looking for trouble?

1 Like

First time I head “Democrat Party” was by bush the lesser in the early 2000s, spoken with trademark smirk. and yes, it instantly raised my hackles as I’m sure was intended.

4 Likes

George-bush-miss-me-yet

Huh? It definitely includes them.

Quite a lot, especially thanks to trading apps like RobinHood. If you can get 100,000 fools to spend their only $1000 in savings – or 1 million to plunk down $100, or better yet both – to get in early on Trump’s surefire media company that will definitely be the next Apple or Facebook, that’s a huge chunk of money.

2 Likes

I heard it well before then, even from Democrats. It’s a southern thing. Ain’t got no need for no stinkin’ grammar.

1 Like

Well, he always did try to fake being a Texan.

If it raises your hackles the terrorists have won. OK not really. You know how to raise their hackles? Beat them in elections and govern for the common good. Annoys them no end.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available