Trump’s PAC Handed Out $1M To Meadows’ Employer Just Weeks After Jan. 6 Panel Was Formed | Talking Points Memo

What will she do with the donations? Probably buy more tacky clothes.

5 Likes

Looks like there’s a lot of blinking going on.

First putin’s folks deliver a written response to our written response to his demands. Then putin himself says, “nope, that was a draft response, we’re sending over a different one.”

Very fishy.

It’s nice to have adults back in charge, that while Biden made clear that we’re not sending any (more) troops into Ukraine, that we’ll be sending lots of birds with boomsticks and Freedom, while sending a substantial number of troops to key points in NATO countries to be sure that putin doesn’t try anything naughty.

Convenient not to have the distraction of a forever-war in Afghanistan draining personnel and resources.

24 Likes

Go ask Tiger King how that worked out. All those fees for idling a limo for 24 hours and nada. Zilch.

4 Likes

Look: I know why “politics” is interesting for so many. It fills an aggressive need. Trump hates the same people they hate.

Dems have neither the homogeneity nor the temperament nor the desires to focus on hating others.

A position paper on actual needs is more to their liking…from elementary-school-level of education to PhD.

2 Likes

Gee I just can’t wait to see what new tacky costumes Cruella DeSinema will wear…

1 Like

Belarus is the dangle. “You attack Ukraine you’ll lose both Ukraine and Belarus. And forget about the peninsula and Nord Stream 2.”

6 Likes

“Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) went to a Texas fundraiser and told an assembled group of donors that included top fossil fuel executives…”

LOL. Another Green Party alumnus just doin’ her thing…

Ralph Nader >>> GW Bush >>> Roberts & Alito

Jill Stein >>> Donnie Dumbbell >>> Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Coney-Bryant

13 Likes

I could make a rude comment

2 Likes

… AND SO MUCH MORE …

“Philanders” fits with the lingering stink of the tawdry stuff with the cheerleaders!

2 Likes

slightly off topic… in his/her editorial to day…the writer asked why ROGAN??..That is easy to answer…ROGAN exists because people like you, put him front and center, in your publication…I had never heard of him, until NEIL YOUNG refused to allow him to use his music…THAT is all.

3 Likes

Ah I love seeing the day start off with another lawsuit filed against His Ass-Holeyness!

29 Likes

Yes, I understand the timing — my point was something different. They had to have been able to anticipate at some point far in advance of the subpoena (or document request) that Meadows was going to be asked to appear before the Committee, simply because he was floating around the Oval Office on the 6th. It would be far easier to get him to balk at any requests or subpoenas if he knew his legal fees were being covered.

But I do also agree the money could have been to make sure Markie didn‘t spill certain beans in his book — but if, so it doesn’t look like anyone had read his manuscript. Because he wrote a few things there that added fuel to the fire (of course, there‘s always the possibility that what he left out was far, far worse).

Would be really interesting to see if there is any way to identify if any of the money eventually made it to Markie‘s account…

8 Likes

It’s just a bit surprising that what finally put me on the map was yelling at people in comment threads about how that this or that treacly bit of refrigerator-magnet uplift wasn’t actually a Twain quote. I guess you never know.

11 Likes

You mean Meadows is “Johnny Roastbeef”?

2 Likes

Don’t even need to do that. Several of the 1/6 assholes were openly begging him for pardons and he ignored them. It still cracks me up. Incite these idiots to attack the Capitol and then refuse to lift a finger to help them when he’s the only person in the world who can save them.

16 Likes

What did I tell you? WHAT DID I TELL YOU?

3 Likes

Dunno that we’re threatening Belarus so much as watching the gap between them and Kaliningrad to make sure they don’t decide to cut the Baltics off from Poland.

7 Likes

I like to watch.

4 Likes

I guess this isn‘t necessarily the best time to mention that here in my neck of the woods in Germany the roses in the front garden are blooming and shooting out new leaves like crazy. And I have daffodils up about 6 inches in the back garden. Hydrangea bushes also shooting out leaves and the peach tree across the street is starting to blossom. Temps around 50° today.

(Note for perspective: where I live is at roughly the same latitude as the base of Hudson Bay…)

11 Likes

$1,000,000

Republicans are clearly concerned about spending.

2 Likes