Trump’s New Spy Chief Used to Work for a Foreign Politician the U.S. Accused of Corruption | Talking Points Memo

ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1292641

“it could make the person susceptible to foreign influence or blackmail”

Well now that he’s exposed I guess he’s no longer susceptible to foreign influence or blackmail.

15 Likes

Grenell’s superb qualifications and experience become clearer every day.

Sir, you made a perfect choice for Acting DNI.

14 Likes

Gotta check the corruption box to qualify for work in the Trump administration.

11 Likes

Ya know, before Trump came along we probably didn’t realize there were so many Republicans doing so much work for so many foreign bad guys. And so many others who were and remain just fine with that.

18 Likes

Trump’s State Department has banned a corrupt pol from entering this country?

The next time Trump goes overseas, will it ban him, too? :wink:

8 Likes

Reporter: "Trump’s new spy chief used to work for foreign politician accused by U.S. of corruption.

Trump White House: “What?”

6 Likes

Grenell should resign from both the DNI job and his Ambassadorship.

16 Likes

The Fourth Estate is doing this. And, even though the Cillizas and the Todds continue their stenography work, the investigative POWER of the Fourth Estate is all that is keeping this country from being a flat-out fascist state.

19 Likes

Another stellar vetting job by the Trump Organization.

6 Likes

Are you fucking kidding me?
Congratulations, news, I can still be shocked.

3 Likes

“Should.”

21 Likes

Well he has kissed Trump’s ass and appeared on FOXNews. How could there be the problem?
Seems to meet all the criteria for a Trump appointment.

4 Likes

" Trump’s New Spy Chief Used to Work for a Foreign Politician the US Accused of Corruption"

This no doubt went in the “pros” column.

7 Likes

Oh that little glitch will be fixed when the new and improved Trump 2nd term starts.

5 Likes

Don’t be holding your breath or anything.

7 Likes

Well, that assumes it ends. We may very well end up in a situation in which we all HAVE TO say we support it.

1 Like

Honest to god, my mouth is hanging open in wonderment. Appointing the world’s least qualified and most inappropriate people to the world’s most important jobs. Pardoning the most unrepentant criminals. Honoring the world’s biggest scumbags with medals. There literally are no jokes left. No irony. No metaphor. We are totally through the looking glass.

13 Likes

Corruption…simply a job requirement for work in this administration.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available