Trump’s New Spy Chief Used to Work for a Foreign Politician the U.S. Accused of Corruption | Talking Points Memo

Though that future is a minute possibility, there’s still a decent chance to avoid it.

2 Likes

And this for shits and grins:

" (CNN)President Donald Trump’s new personnel chief told agency officials at a meeting on Thursday to expect staffing changes and movements across the government, people familiar with the meeting told CNN.
A White House official said John McEntee, the President’s former body man who was elevated to run the presidential personnel office, made it clear his office will be on the lookout for staffers across the bureaucracy who are seen as disloyal to Trump. "
… … …
Not loyalty to the Constitution but to trump personally. Ya know… this sounds vaguely familiar. Back in the mid 1930’s a certain mustachioed dude in Germany demanded that everyone (especially the military and anyone in government) swear an oath of loyalty to him personally.
In today’s America I would consider it a point of personal honor to resign and do it as publicly as possible.

And what the hell is a “body man”??

13 Likes

So this guy should not even be an Ambassador no less the DNI. Sounds about right in Trump World. That is until there is a terrorist attack (God forbid)

3 Likes

As far as a Trump is concerned, this is just one more point in Grenell’s favor.

4 Likes

I wish it worked this way. If someone could address IMPOTUS as a war criminal (he DID kill Soleimani for no valid reason), he could be taken into custody there and then sent to the Hague, and prosecuted there. That might even be better. And, if he could take Gina Haspell with him, it would be even better!

2 Likes

Trump is simply trying to root out corruption around the world by hiring all the corrupt people to work for him.

9 Likes

Frankly, I wish he would resign from his status as a human being as well.

4 Likes

Lots of reasons for the current state of affairs, but the republicans are directly responsible for keeping it this way. Words cannot express how much I despise them.

6 Likes

It’s the president’s gofer/assistant. It was Dulé Hill’s character’s job on The West Wing.

(I’m a big Dulé Hill fan.)

2 Likes
11 Likes

He is wasting no time doing what Trump brought him in for. Already fired the long time number 2 official, and replaced with a compiracy theorist that used to work for Devin Nunes… those who still think that we should take the high road and let the electorate decide… Trump is going to win next election one way or another. And he is ensuring that there is enough corruption inside the Military and the Intelligence Services that those would not want any change of administration.

4 Likes

Hope so…but I don’t think we’re getting out of this without another one of these kinds of things happening…maybe more than once…

" The supremacists who emerged from the Greensboro trials understood they were free. … Free to work together to stockpile weapons, terrorize neighborhoods and commit violence up to and including murder—so long as their opponents were communists."

Sound familiar to anything we might be hearing today?

4 Likes

Thank you,
That sort of life style (having a servant of any kind) is absolutely foreign to me. So I was unfamiliar with the term…“body man”. Heck, Chez darr doesn’t even have a functioning mechanical dish washer. I do KP duty, not some machine. Nor do we have assistants to look after us. Must be nice. I guess that’s a benefit of being really really rich (or if you are president)

2 Likes

I dunno – maybe Melania wanted him back in the WH?

Lock him up.

Lock’em all up.

1 Like

We would like to think that the POTUS absolutely needs an assistant because he (she) is busy doing the important business of Presidenting. As with so much, true of Obama (who also played basketball with his body man, Reggie Love), not of Trump.

2 Likes

FARA is the same law that Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort and former deputy campaign manager Rick Gates were convicted of violating.

That was then. This is now.

FARA now stands for Felons And Republicans Approved.

5 Likes

It is hard to imagine donnie trump doing his own dishes in the White House kitchen.

4 Likes

FIFY! :wink:

1 Like

Or anywhere else. I have no doubt that Donnie has never lifted a finger to do any kind of domestic task. Questionable whether he even flushes his own toilet.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available