Trump’s Nat’l Security Adviser Says Biden Sure Does Look Like The Pres-Elect | Talking Points Memo

Donald Trump’s national security adviser gestured toward reality Monday, acknowledging that Joe Biden would likely be the President in 2021. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1344935
1 Like

Wonder how many hours before he tries to take it back…and proclaims Trump president for life.

5 Likes

Great, now Bill Barr and John Durham have to start an investigation of Robert O’Brien.

9 Likes

“Look, if the Biden-Harris ticket is determined to be the winner — and obviously things look that way now…"

The “now” is fun. It seems to suggest the possibility that, say, Rudy Giuliani would demonstrate incontrovertibly that Trump did in fact win and then, to applause, climb on his transpo-pig and fly away. Or some other equally probable scenario. You must, in O’Brien’s position, acknowledge that new developments can require planning changes.

5 Likes

“The subtle and deadly change of heart that might occur in you would be involved with the realization that a civilization is not destroyed by wicked people; it is not necessary that people be wicked but only that they be spineless.” ― James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

7 Likes

Why don’t we understand that the 70 million who voted for Donald Trump elected him President for life despite the objections of 75 million who voted against him? What is it we don’t understand?

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

“I’m old enough to remember Bush v. Gore , and the transition there didn’t start until mid-December, and yet it got done,” O’Brien said.

Um, sure. The Clinton administration looked nothing like the shitshow in the White House today. In fact, most of the Trump administration is one huge FUBAR.

This is not going to be smooth or professional on the Trump side.

11 Likes

He’ll either be fired by sundown or pledge lifelong fealty to the Orange One.

Bets anyone?

2 Likes

Some intelligence experts have pointed to that very delay as a cause of why we were so unprepared for 9/11. Not that Trump cares.

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

PDB, August 6th, 2001: “Okay, You’ve covered your ass.”

8 Likes

Still no change in Georgia to date. Maybe he should try the Georgia that’s near Russia?

10 Likes

Someone help me out here, please.

Trump’s diplomatic work in the Middle East “a great legacy for the President to have as he leaves office.”

What are they talking about here? Did I miss something? Trump let the crown prince of SA get away with torture and murder, he basically caved to everything that Bibi wanted, and he let Iran accelerate its uranium program. GOPers are claiming that he’s stabilized the Middle East. I don’t get it.

7 Likes

If he actually accomplishes this, it will be the only good thing about his presidency.

3 Likes
5 Likes

He brokered a peace deal between Israel and some Arab countries that they was never at war with.

6 Likes

Seriously? Then maybe he ought to tell Trump his presidency is over come Jan. 20th and get the transition going full steam ahead.

4 Likes

This looks like a big FU to Biden.

“Hey! I know you’re in the middle of dealing with the pandemic that I fucked up, but I thought you might also like to deal with the international political turmoil and logistical nightmare of withdrawing troops from two countries with no plan or warning. Happy New Year!”

5 Likes

“As expected, the counties that have completed their audit thus far have shifted vote totals, but almost imperceptibly, and thus far in favor of Joe Biden,”

6 Likes

That’s what it looked like to me, as well.