Trump’s Lawyers Rehash Already-Rejected Arguments In Endless Bid To Dismiss Immunity Case

Originally published at: Trump’s Lawyers Rehash Already-Rejected Arguments In Endless Bid To Dismiss Immunity Case

Trump’s lawyers late Thursday night — having missed the 5 p.m. deadline set by U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan — used a basic procedural step to revive many arguments Chutkan had already rejected, a bid to get the immunity case dismissed or delayed.  In a filing nominally about telling the judge why Trump’s side is entitled…

1 Like

If the Supreme Court is amiss, you must dismiss!

9 Likes

If he’s so innocent, why is he delaying all these cases so much and saying he has immunity? Isn’t asking for immunity an admission of guilt?

I know, I know, putting any logic behind anything he does is an exercise in futility.

17 Likes

The lesson of this era is if you have enough money you can outrun the law.

9 Likes

The bottom line here is that only the voters can save us from Trump. If he loses on November 5, he goes to jail and our national nightmare is over. If he wins, well… I think we all know what that will mean.

8 Likes

Too bad donnie doesn’t pay lawyers outta his own pocket

9 Likes

BINGO!! (assuming no sub lethal yet serious stroke or debilitating cardiac event)
Pass go AND collect $200 off the Monopoly board.

3 Likes

Maybe DonOLD can just take his money and run? Hoo-hoo-hoo

3 Likes

I am sure the judge will look upon the missed deadline with the same kindly demeanor as she will the rehashed arguments.

7 Likes

And he’s asked for a delay in the DOJ appeal in the 11th circuit.

5 Likes

Delay, delay, delay…unless the tragedy occurs, and he is actually re-elected in November, this will all end some day. Hopefully, some day soon…

3 Likes

Moral of the story: Fascists are persistent!

3 Likes

Recycled shit?
If they’ve run out of new garbage to throw at the court, it should be a sign that this case is actually gonna start moving.
(Yeah, I know a return engagement with SCOTUS is almost certain, but, I’ll deal with that wet blanket when it gets here.)

2 Likes

These filings by Trump’s lawyers would normally be considered to border on frivolous–if not cross the line–but now are plausible only because the Supreme Court has rolled out the welcome mat for frivolous arguments on behalf of the man they would have as their king. Stupid arguments used to go nowhere in the Supreme Court. They now form the basis of legal precedent.

4 Likes

Why not?
All the effort is wasted if TSF gets back into the presidency.

3 Likes

I’m thinking soon. We’ll see.

1 Like

Or at least…outlast it.

Sigh

2 Likes

Since the Supreme Court earns its pay, you must delay.

3 Likes

Prior art: Jarndyce v Jarndyce

Not that I think Trump has read Dickens. But I bet his lawyers have.

Legal system powerless before money.

3 Likes

In Trump’s case, that may be true. At the rate he is decomposing, he may either die, or be declared “incompetent” to be tried before all his appeals run.

Let me ask a question of the legal eagles - if a person is declared “incompetent” to manage their own affairs, can they still run for POTUS ? If so, can they be sworn into office ?? If the answer to these questions is yes, we need to amend the Constitution to update the qualifications for the office.

4 Likes