Trump’s Justices Have Finally Spelled Out Their Hardcore Approach To Election Disputes | Talking Points Memo

I think if you couple your point with the fact the mail is being deliberately slowed it shows Kav’s position to be outright depraved.

9 Likes

Funny. Been a recurring nightmare for the last 20 years.

8 Likes

Stop. Seriously. Stop. That kind of bullshit pessimism stops people from voting. Do you seriously think people shouldn’t vote? If so, why the fuck are you on here? Do you enjoy being defeatist?

6 Likes

I hope & pray that Biden stomps Trump by 8% in Pennsylvania … that the first results (buoyed by the early voting) are a huge margin - and that it is powerfully sustained through to the conclusion and that
… it is called by 10:00pm with a big fat

BLUE check-mark for BIDEN

16 Likes

Yeah, they sure would. I believe the elector game has been their plan since trump knew he was in trouble. Why use the vote when they can use the vagueness of the electoral college section to thwart the will of the people.

4 Likes

We need an overwhelming popular vote difference available on Election night to dispel any rumors. The GOP will deploy every weapon they have to deny a Biden victory, and we need to be prepared to do whatever it takes to stop it.

9 Likes

No, they’re right, if this goes to the Supreme Court, we’re fucked. It’s our job to make sure that doesn’t happen and make the popular vote so overwhelming that it sends the message that we won’t stand for it.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Kavanaugh’s bit about absentee ballots “flipping” the election is the tell. What he clearly implies there is that the election is over when the R candidate is ahead. Just like it says in the constitution: “Votes shall cease being counted at midnight on election day, if and only if the Republican candidate is ahead in the polling at that precise moment. If not, then the R majority on whatever federal court will act appropriately to ensure the correct outcome.” See? Textualism is easy!

He says he wants to avoid “chaos and impropriety.” It’s always projection with Rs. Their brand is chaos and impropriety.

11 Likes

I think that’s what we’ll see.

All these new voters didn’t register now to protect the status quo. All these people who have spent hours in line to vote weren’t waiting to vote for the same old.

20 Likes

I don’t think I have heard anything more Texan in a while!

13 Likes

And if your mail ballot hasn’t arrived to your house yet, you can go to your early voting site and sign an affidavit and vote now! This happened to my husband in Chicago. If his mail ballot finally arrives, we’ll just tear it up.

5 Likes

At which point the GOP will be at the supremes begging them to overturn their own precedent of a week prior…

Should be fun.

3 Likes

Don’t we have something called state’s rights? Aren’t Republicans the ones who unfurl that like a banner? When convenient, I guess.

3 Likes

But they didn’t say that. They said ‘the fix is in’, which kind of does the opposite of inspiring people to vote, which in turn means the whole popular vote being overwhelming doesn’t happen.

I totally get that the vote needs to be huge on our side to take away any change they have to steal it…I just think that being an eyore about it does shit to help motivate that vote.

9 Likes

People are worried about what might happen if Trump refuses to concede. Maybe they better start worrying harder about what might happen if the Court starts screwing with our election. I do not foresee calm acceptance.

7 Likes

Trump and his 3 appointed “Supreme Court” flying monkeys will do everything they can to keep Trump in power. As they see it slipping out of their grasp their howling is getting louder, and LOUDER.
howlers

4 Likes

Is there not precedent that says state courts interpret state legislation enacted by state governors? How is this difficult?

5 Likes

Silly rabbit, only red states have rights.

2 Likes

Monkeys are intelligent, feeling beings.

Please delete this.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available