Trump’s Hand-Picked Special Master Does Him No Favors - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Its called foot in mouth disease.

15 Likes

But what about the cheeps…and Pepsi???

2 Likes

Trusty added that he couldn’t fully claim that the records needed to be returned without inspecting them.

“You did bring the lawsuit and make that claim,” Dearie said at one point.

Touche!

50 Likes

“I follow directions, I do what I’m told,” Dearie added.
… … … … …
Oy!
((lays head on desk))

8 Likes

U.S. District Judge Raymond Dearie…

Donnie wishes “Sleep, Dearie, Sleep…”

But Dearie won’t sleep.

16 Likes

Dearie added that his only option was to accept “prima facie evidence” of classification from the government.

“That’s the end of it,” he added.

My schaden freudeth over.

85 Likes

Oh what a tangled web we weave/When first we practice to deceive.

13 Likes

If this was anyone else there would be no debate-- the documents are classified, and Trump shouldn’t even have them, and he would’ve been charged with a crime already.

And I doubt it really has anything to do with him being a former president (he keeps acting like he still has the powers invested in the executive branch), it has to do with how he has lived his entire life-- bending/breaking laws and then using lawyers to get out of legal problems.

23 Likes

The TPM article doesn’t capture the Chefs Kiss™ quality of Dearie rejecting Trump’s clown crew refusing to address the issue of classification:

“If the government gives me prima facia evidence that they are classified documents, and you don’t advance any claim of declassification, I’m left with a prima facia case of classified documents, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of it,”

79 Likes

wait, you mean there’s a third bagpipe song?

(haha, I actually enjoy the bagpipes. But I’ve still only ever heard those two songs. until now…)

8 Likes

And it’s been a winning formula, so why deviate?

The “System” still remains singularly unprepared to deal with it, even when shown the blueprint for the criminality.

7 Likes

[Trump’s Hand-Picked Special Master Does Him No Favors]

He’ll be gone by the end of the week, if not sooner.

7 Likes

Door #1 - The law is on your side
Door #2 - The facts are on your side

Trump’s attorneys - I’ll pick Door #3

29 Likes

Dearie just took away the cooler filled beer and hand grenades because this situation needs a Dad doing Dad things.

34 Likes

Judge Cannon: “Hold my grape Flavor Aid.”

32 Likes

Well, this is going as swimmingly as expected for Douchebag’s “legal minds.”

7 Likes

Trivia note: That’s the Royal Piper, who played outside QEII’s bedroom window every morning to wake her up. Now Charles gets that alarm clock. Although I don’t know if it’s only at Buckingham Palace, or if the guy travels with King as part of the retinue.

It was a nice touch that he played once through and then slowly walked away while still playing, so the sound just faded out into the distance. I’m sure that brought a tear to a few eyes. I don’t care about this Royal stuff but I have friends who are pipers. I’m semi-acclimated to the sound.

25 Likes

9 Likes

You still have time to repent! :laughing:

16 Likes

Well, if you can believe that the FBI – the freaking Federal Bureau of Investigation – is chock-full of liberals, then believing that NARA is politicized, or that up is down, isn’t really all that much more of a stretch.

31 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available