Trump’s Final Days In Office | Talking Points Memo

Most of that is civil, due to the way NY financial law is set up. And seriously, does anyone think he could be a kingpin in any financial scheme? First time offender, bit player, non-violent (stuff done with kimmy doesn’t count), fine and probation at worst.

1 Like

Before surgery she looked like the old Russian babushka who Alan Dershowitz said was the only woman to give him messages.

9 Likes

Wealthy white guy, first time offender, and he does (we think) powder, not crack. Also very unlikely to have ever sold any. Yes, the laws are written this way for a reason.

4 Likes

“Messages” we’re calling it now…

3 Likes

He could be a big fish in a sufficiently dumb pond. I see it as possible, considering.

7 Likes

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, in disrepair.

14 Likes

Oh Lordy, there are tapes… :boom: :partying_face: :anger:

17 Likes

He may have $300 million but he sure isn’t worth it.

5 Likes

Right. The only way you get to TFG having 215 “associates” convicted is to include the Jan. 6 plea deal crowd, none of which are white house staffers (so far).

1 Like

But he would bury you in invective. Straight off the trading floor, that one.

2 Likes

Or the multitudes of our nation could ceaselessly groan under the weight and pressure of a soul-thieving tyrannical regime run by oligarchs, toadies and Yale educated lawyers.

1 Like

Who was it written to?

1 Like

The Attorney General doesn’t have the power to declare what’s legal or not by imperial decree. For one thing, career DOJ officials aren’t going to obey illegal orders just because the boss is breaking bad. Attorney General John Mitchell served 19 months in prison after Watergate. I doubt anyone in the Justice Dept. is unaware of that history.

5 Likes

They didn’t leave much of her nose, did they? It’s a wonder she can still breathe through it. Her face had character before. I wonder how, if at all, this change of looks affected her life path?

3 Likes

First to call an election isn’t really a scoop, it’s taking a calculated risk. A very calculated risk. It doesn’t make any difference to me (or I doubt to the faux viewer) which network calls it first, what people care is what their preferred network’s call is. Myself, I don’t rely on talking heads for my election results, predictions, and analysis.

Did you try to bullshit yesterday? How about last week?

1 Like

We do have an extradition treaty with Ukraine. And if he’s sitting in a rooskie tank he’ll get the John Walker Lindh treatment.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read so far, trump watched the riots with glee, even pumping his fist and exclaiming about how all those people were fighting for him. This went on for hours as he rebuffed 14 requests to activate the DCNG. Finally, the flood of advisors, family, etc, convinced him to make the video we saw, but there were many takes, mostly because he was extremely reluctant to use the word “peacefully” as everyone insisted.

Love to see the outtakes on that video.

7 Likes

It was brilliant satire and sendup at a dark time when we needed it.

6 Likes

Do you know the publicity Fox got after that? Of course, the second time, it lost viewers, who were furious. I’d bet the other networks were kicking themselves.

But whatever.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available