Trump’s Ex-CDC Director Finds Greener Pastures At ‘Big Ass Fans’

Former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Robert Redfield has embarked upon an interesting career path after overseeing the agency’s turbulent response to the COVID-19 pandemic under the Trump administration.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369272

Sounds perfect for him. And as CDC head, he blows. Didn’t read the article… are the fans big also? If he does as well there as he did at the CDC, perhaps they’ll change the name to Bass-Ackward-Big- Ass-Fans.

18 Likes

Big Ass Fans started out in 1999 make fans for Dairy barns.

Don’t know why but this makes me laugh.

24 Likes

I take it Clyburn is not a big-ass fan of Redfield…

12 Likes

Congratulations, Bob. Really landed on your feet, now you go in there and knock 'em out.

17 Likes

No laughing matter. In a giant chicken/hog barn, the fan dies, everybody dies. Including staff, if they don’t have respirators.

18 Likes

I’ve seen some of these fans at a local brewery… the name is certainly appropriate. They are very large.

7 Likes

Humiliation is the BEST that these assholes deserve.

12 Likes

It’s going to be a long, hot summer. I could use a big ass fan. I also hear they’re good for selfies, to get that blown-hair effect. Finally, I might just be able to take a walk around the lake and not worry about my social distance if I had a big ass fan to blow stray covid cooties away from me. In fact, even once we get past this pandemic, I could see putting one to good use on very crowded days at the Minnesota State Fair.

5 Likes

"It’s hard to satirize someone who self-satirizes." – Christopher Buckley

19 Likes

Hmmmmmm…a big ass working for Big Ass.

Sounds about right.

11 Likes

" Well I consistently lied and cheated my employer and made things worse for thousands of customers."

" You’re hired!"

13 Likes

That’s right up there with, “The Big Dick Toilet Salesman”.

12 Likes

Oh, good Lord! I initially thought ‘Big Ass Fans’ was a joke line. Redfield is obviously experiencing what a good number of former Trump people are: dim-to-grim job prospects.

I have little pity. Had these men and women not enabled Donald Trump, we may have prevented some of the wreckage. With Redfield there were Covid patients and lives on the line.

As with Dr. Birx, Redfield willingly sabotaged his career. I think 500,000+ dead Americans might agree.

14 Likes

I get that, and like I said I don’t know why this makes me laugh, but it does.

5 Likes

From big ass(hole) Don to big ass fans. Sounds like a good career move.

Former Trump Administration officials flock to large body-part below-the-waist industry after smelly tenure in government.

4 Likes

JFC, he can’t even land a doctor’s job? Sounds like a make work job from a former guy supporter.

6 Likes

Hmm. Did not read Big Ass Fans the right way. At all.

Helpful hint: you need a dash between “big” and “ass,” people.

ETA: To be clear, by “people,” I mean these here fan manufacturers, not TPM, who are not to blame for the foibles of Big Propeller.

7 Likes

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available