Trump’s Census Director Announces Resignation, Cutting Term Short By Several Months | Talking Points Memo

We know ours well. But I know when they got rid of sorting machines, a huge distribution center near Detroit lost a ton of them, and our mailman said that things are really bad since that happened. Delays and lost mail are now the norm. It’s infuriating.

I hope they can get rid of DeJoy and boot most of the board somehow.

4 Likes

Thanks. Fixed.

1 Like

Me too, also used to get it by 1 and now I get it after four. My mail carrier explained that she now has to a package delivery run in morning and then does regular mail.

1 Like

It is the same thing here in NC. The postal workers are working their asses off and the rural carriers can’t get everything for the route in their personal cars because of the increases in packages and USPS doesn’t have enough vans to meet the demand. A lot of our Amazon orders are coming via their trucks which may help. I just hope it doesn’t end up putting USPS in financial straits.

5 Likes

OT:

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) said Monday that he saw QAnon-curious freshman Congresswoman Lauren Boebert (R-CO) leading a “large group” through a tour of the Capitol in the days before the riots. Cohen said he does not know whether anyone in the crowd later took part in the violent Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Democrats have alleged that a GOP colleague gave a “reconnaissance” tour of the Capitol the day before the mob stormed the building. Over the weekend, Boebert denied she was the member—even though no one had accused her by name—saying she did not guide “any outside groups of ‘insurrectionists.’”

Speaking on CNN Monday, Cohen—who is on the Judiciary Committee—said that Rep. John Yarmuth had “refreshed my recollection yesterday” that they had seen Boebert “taking a group of people for a tour sometime after the 3rd and before the 6th.” Boebert has not yet publicly responded to Cohen’s comments.

1 Like

Or reassign his workplace to West Dungbeetle, Nebraska. Then wait about 10 months, until he has purchased a house there and his wife has gotten a job there as a greeter at the Dollar Store and reassign him again, but this time to Scooba, Mississippi. Wait about 10 months until he’s bought a house…
He’ll get the idea.

5 Likes

Boebert’s lawyer has told her to STFU, except to ask someone to pass the salad at lunch.

3 Likes

That’s interesting that your carriers, almost as far away from me as you can get, thousands of miles, are experiencing the exactly same disruptions. It cannot be accidental.

edit
About the Mail trucks… yep my carrier blew the head gasket in his personal vehicle… he was not happy driving an ancient rickety racket around especially up my hill.

4 Likes

Trump’s legacy:

2 Likes

It sounds like their vehicles are in the same condition, you can hear them as soon as they get in the subdivision, partly because they are gunning it, braking, putting the mail in the box, repeat, repeat, repeat, which is hell on transmissions and brakes. One of our carriers prefers old Buicks because of the large trunk and durability but he didn’t think he could easily find another one to replace it when it finally wears out.

At least he’s leaving on the 20th, had he left today or tomorrow I’m certain Trump Stephen Miller would have put some toady in that position.

1 Like

Did her lawyer tell her to leave her guns at home?

5 Likes

Resignation effective 12:00 o’clock on Wednseday January 20th, 2021.
Oh, you mean Inauguration Day.
How timely. How brave.

2 Likes

If he were arguing in good faith, he would speaking out loudly and forcefully against republican habits of drawing districts with 55-45 R/D distributions when they could as easily make those districts 90/10. Oh, wait.

Meanwhile, Dillingham seems to have accomplished the usual “serious republican” goal of making a complete septic-tank fire out of his department and then leaving the putrid mess for democrats to clean up. (while sniping from the sidelines)

4 Likes

OT…but love this. The First Lady of the Night has released a Farewell video about her many accomplishments. (snicker). Twitter has exploded with tons of #BeGone tweets calling our her shit…

5 Likes

By my estimate as I pen this post we have 42 hours of trump madness left to endure.
I avoid listening or reading donald’s words where I can. I will do the same for Melania.

10 Likes

career census experts were told that producing the data by Jan. 15 was the director’s “number one priority”

Interesting date.

My bet is it was Stephen Miller’s number one priority.

3 Likes

Oh hells yeah. I didn’t watch her video, but did enjoy reading everyone’s comments on our First Hooker.

3 Likes

I hope to live to see donald trump in prison or better still destitute and living under a bridge somewhere that’s dank and feces infested. He deserved derision and hatred for the rest of his existence. Kids in cages and a disease he did NOTHING at all to stem. 24 million infections, near 400,000 dead Americans on his watch. I unfortunately lack the vocabulary to adequately describe what I feel about this terrible human piece of debris. My family has been damaged by his negligence and incompetence and that I will never forgive. If given the chance to legally inflict suffering on him I would jump at the chance. Remember I said “legally”. Sadly a pillory is not in use nor are tools to flay his skin. They are proscribed by our Constitution that bans cruel and unusual punishments in this case sad to say.

4 Likes

Fair and balanced.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available