Trump’s Business Empire Was One Big Long-Running Fraud

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1469648
1 Like

KITTEns FIRSt!

PUPPY and SaidA hanging OUt. PuPPY attempting parkour.

68 Likes

May I be the first to say RE the Mayor of Mal-d-Lardo:

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha …

70 Likes

Trump = FRAUD
nice to see Letitia James and the court noticed

52 Likes

working on a college campus, I see lots of interesting jeans designs, but I think Nadine Menendez may have my students beat. Plus, where you gonna hide the gold bars in those jeans?

55 Likes

Just some comments I saw on right wing sites
It’s crap. No way it stands. The judge and DA should be held in contempt and disbarred and jailed.

They need to get beaten badly and end up in the hospital with broken bones and a lifetime of psychological trauma.

These people are Nazis. They need to be treated like Nazis.

No way!!!
No way they should end up in a hospital.
They should end up in the morgue
Conservative firearm owners comprise the largest standing army in the world. If we don’t stand up to this, and use deadly force if necessary, than we are as responsible for the demise of this country as they are.

I have courage to reply to your very truthful post. I agree with you. The USA is on it’s last breaths. Mabe succession from the union would be a “cleaner” way. But I see no real hope.

I AGREE FULLY

TIME FOR SOME :”WYATT’S TORCH” EVENTS ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY

26 Likes

Not to be outdone.

Meanwhile, the former president is expected in Detroit today to address autoworkers. His visit comes a day after Biden made a rousing speech, telling striking workers they deserved higher pay.

This will be interesting.

58 Likes

I don’t think anyone ever expected to see this headline in legitimate circumstances. This wasn’t just a wish or a guess. This is apparently substantiated on so many levels as to be incontrovertible. It’s crazy and well beyond @tena 's has the MF’er been indicted yet?

58 Likes

Donnie revealed for what he is…
A FRAUD
This is but the first inkling of bad days to come for donnie.

30 Likes

Liberal media
Biden Goes To UAW Picket Lines But You’ll Never Guess What Axios Reported | Crooks and Liars

Those are all important stories and they’re only a few of the most important ones. The government shutdown has stories within stories, like McCarthy aligning with hard-liners to cut the social safety net and starve already-hungry kids, for example.

But, and I kid you not, this is what Axios is running at the top of their front page as a “scoop.”

Biden campaign’s secret mission for reelection: Don’t let him trip (axios.com)

Yep, that’s right. Democrats don’t want Biden to take a fall as the result of arthritis he has in his back and foot.

60 Likes

These bits could be used as boilerplate for the rest of Trump’s trials and their rulings.

He called Trump’s various legal arguments “pure sophistry,” “erroneous,” “rehashed,” “untenable,” “patently false,” “fatally flawed,” “simply untrue,” “completely irrelevant,” “egregious,” “indefensible,” and “borderline frivolous.”

Exacerbating defendants’ obstreperous conduct is their continued reliance on bogus arguments, in papers and oral argument… That is a fantasy world, not the real world.

65 Likes

Lashing out by the minions on social media doesn’t make the charges invalid. They don’t like it and it is too bad for them.

Stochastic violence doesn’t work. It won’t change what’s happening.

And if America is smart, which is up for debate these days, TIFG becomes the TIFG, changing the I in the acronym from ‘indicted’ to ‘incarcerated’.

45 Likes

A bad day for Trump is a good day for America.

Except for the violent payback.

Wait for it.

21 Likes
52 Likes

Those jeans look like they came from Frederick’s of Hollywood. :laughing:

42 Likes

Has TFG started threatening Judge Engoron with violence yet?

18 Likes
27 Likes

Good lord but Tuperville is stupid. Not only are rocks smarter, but they don’t open their mouths to display their ignorance.

71 Likes
42 Likes

TFG is addressing workers in a non-union shop - makes sense.

44 Likes