Trump Rushes McSally At AZ Rally: ‘They Don’t Want To Hear This, Martha’ | Talking Points Memo

I don’t doubt that he loves the adoration; however, of late he has been declaring that he didn’t want to be here or there and cutting it short. The declaration itself is insulting, self-destructive and domineering enough that I have no cause to question its honesty.
Really, though, I think he might be satisfied if he could step out of a plane, wave, receive a monumental applause from kowtowing subjects and then fly on to the next stop.

17 Likes

I remember how impatient Trump looked in 2016 when Sarah Palin was prattling on for 20 minutes during the press conference where she officially announced she was endorsing him.

“Oh tell somebody like, Phyllis Schlafly, she is the Republican, conservative movement icon and hero and a Trump supporter. Tell her she’s not conservative. How ‘bout the rest of us? Right wingin’, bitter clingin’, proud clingers of our guns, our god, and our religions, and our Constitution. Tell us that we’re not red enough? Yeah, coming from the establishment. Right…”

10 Likes

He never took it up to give it up.

25 Likes

Yeah, he’s just given up pretending.

7 Likes

I know what you mean but I wonder if she was happy to give them that time – presumably to sing her praises.

A different question would be to ask if they actually used the time to sing her praises.

1 Like

I was on a zoom call last night with a bunch of old people (like me), and one of the guys was wearing a “Keep America Great” hat on. I realized I knew the politics of everyone on the call, and out of those 8 people, only 2 were sure Biden votes including me. I started to feel despair, then began to extrapolate out to all of the people I knew, and I knew there were 2 guys on the call whose wives would never vote for Trump. Then thought further that I didn’t believe any of these guys’ children would be voting for Trump either.

When I was done screwing with my own mind, I became more and more sure that the majority of people I knew would be voting for Biden because of the women and the young people. “That is who is going to save us”. I thought. And when I thought about how many of my old white guy friends who support Trump are going to be dying in the next 10-20 years, I felt real hope for the future and felt a zen-like calm descend on me.

Then I went and checked 538 again. Because zen-like calm is very fleeting here in AZ.

54 Likes

I wonder whether it’s partly because the crowds aren’t big enough for his fragile, damaged ego. It’s not what he’s used to, and it must feel at least a little bad not to be adored by as many people as before, especially when he knows his poll numbers are bad. He claims he’s getting bigger crowds than ever, but we know that’s not true.

14 Likes

He should have just referred to her as LOSER… since it appears that is what she is. IF he had a better candidate in AZ, he might have still had a chance.

3 Likes

You may have a point; but, let’s not leave sadism out of his dominant traits.
He may just be getting his yah yahs out by telling the audience he doesn’t want to be there, or leaving early, and having them cheer anyways.

12 Likes

That was some call.

And apparently you spent the entire time day-dreaming!

(I would have, too.)

13 Likes

I don’t know, but why would they? It was Trump’s rally.

1 Like

She’s been defeated before; she will be again.

The only reason she’s there is from a gubernatorial appointment on McCain’s death. Arizona didn’t want her before; they won’t want her now.

19 Likes

And it will only get worse from here. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

7 Likes

Him and W.

You notice no one’s invited W to the campaign trail, right?

It says something that the last two GOP presidents will simply not be a part of any future activity.

14 Likes

I think she’s done and dusted. She picked her poison and it was Donald J. Trump…she has tried in the last few weeks to pretend she cares about her state but they aren’t buying it. Senator Kelly will sound so GOOD.

23 Likes

To aid her Senate campaign?

But you’re right: I’m not sure where I dredged up that silly idea!

9 Likes

This won’t phase Trump’s Base of misogynistic white dudes. They’ll appreciate how he puts McSally “in her place.” Durned uppity fighter jet pilot, who does she think she is, anyway?

6 Likes

The recent remixes/remasters by Giles (son of George) Martin are incredible - “Sgt. Pepper”, “The White Album”, “Abbey Road” - but you have to buy the expensive (but well worth it for a Beatles fan!) boxed sets in order to get hold of the Blu-ray discs that contain Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio HD hi-res multi-channel mixes, which is a shame, since they really should also sell the Blu-rays on their own. My nephew has the “Sgt. Pepper” set and the surround remix in unbelievable. A splendid time is guaranteed for all!

11 Likes

I’d have opted for watching paint dry.

4 Likes

Well, he hasn’t made any appearances to speak of.

Whether he has been invited or not is a different matter.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available