Trump Rails Against Conservative Establishment In Desperate Ploy For Relevancy | Talking Points Memo

Former President Donald Trump has continued his efforts to attack the GOP establishment and seek revenge against those who have criticized him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1363544

The mouth that bored …

35 Likes

I love TPM, but more pier review is highly recommended, even with Prime articles and Josh’s articles. From this article… ‘Suddenly with a Twitter feed and the presidential bully pulpit, Trump has been forced to issue email statements to go after his foes and maintain his relevancy.’

5 Likes

Suddenly with a Twitter feed and the presidential bully pulpit

It ain’t a tpm friday til there’s a t-story with a howler typo.

12 Likes

Why? Are tpm’s offices on the waterfront?

44 Likes

I thought the article was a very very good way to now discuss Donald Trump’s throw away lines.
He’s become a one-trick pony, and a little lame at that.
You can fix the typo within a few seconds, the article is excellent.

19 Likes

I think it is “peer review”, but I like “pier review,” too. Just thrown the nonsense in the ocean.

What you are talking about is called a “copy editor.” A lady I knew, Audrey Stubbard, worked full time as a newspaper copy editor until she was 105. It kept her going. The Independence Examiner hasn’t been as error free since.

17 Likes

He’s fast dwindling to irrelevance. @dougsanders The mouth that bored indeed. :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

Trump is the only RINO I can see from where I sit.

9 Likes

This is what I hoped would happen. Once out of power, Trump would sink further and further out of relevancy. This is just the first step, but a hopeful one.

25 Likes

Trump has been forced to issue email statements to go after his foes and maintain his relevancy.

Are telegrams still available?

29 Likes

Regardless of what the Editorial Board says now, they have been skewing their coverage to help Trump since the start of his Presidency:

It will take more than a few scathing opinion pieces to get the stain of Trump off the WSJ.

25 Likes

OT
Is Trump living at Mar a Largo? I thought there was a lawsuit claiming he couldn’t legally live there.

5 Likes

Sore loser, but most importantly, loser.

And if all republicans are RINOs, then what does that make fat donnie? It’s almost like Russell’s paradox.

3 Likes

Trump attacked the conservative-leaning Wall Street Journal op-ed page

Argueing with the WSJ op-ed page is like argueing with the comics section.

9 Likes

Carrier pigeons could work.

8 Likes

Who says what?

1 Like

Trump can call names and sort of pull off a slightly successful scheme where someone for sure pays the bill.

And that’s about the limit of his ability. Except his schemes which aren’t of much use to ordinary Americans. If you work with Trump on one of his schemes, you’ve got to be able to pack fast and leave the neighborhood for a spell.

3 Likes

I think he’s very relevant to the still unsettled question of, is america capable of indicting and convicting a former president? Those cheese eating surrender monkeys managed to do it,

15 Likes

Not to pick on you, jmkwyo, but it’s always risky to comment on typos in an article, since one’s own typos can hurt all the more.

9 Likes