Trump Promises 2024 Is The Last Time We'll Have To Vote ... Wait, Wut?

Originally published at: Trump Promises 2024 Is The Last Time We’ll Have To Vote … Wait, Wut?

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. How Much More Warning Does Anyone Need? In his speech Friday to the Christian Right “Believers Summit” in West Palm Beach, hosted by Turning Point Action, former President Donald Trump exhorted the audience of religious…

4 Likes

… and a parade of Trump sycophants were out in force bleating
“oh it doesn’t mean anything”

Yeah - trainwreck … but … nothing to see here …

77 Likes

Warning Fox implosion

Fox News host Maria Bartiromo admitted that Vice President Kamala Harris had experienced a “meteoric rise” but blamed it on former President Barack Obama.
“I don’t have that same evidence, but it would certainly fit the pattern for Barack Obama,” the conservative guest admitted.

‘Control Yourself, Man’: Fox News Panel Derailed After Harris Goes ‘Viral’ | Crooks and Liars
A Fox News segment went off the rails on Sunday after conservative pundit Ben Domenech shouted down left-leaning contributor Laura Fink.

50 Likes

One ugly dude, outside and inside.

93 Likes

There is only one way to interpret his remark - he wishes voting to be moot.

84 Likes

OT:

I confess… I read that, and I think they’re asking us to fund their escape to Europe in case Trump wins in November.

22 Likes

He’s not wrong.

Look at Venezuela. Election yesterday, exit polls showed overwhelming results, nearly 2/3rds, for the opposition.

So naturally, after sending out goons, police, and military, even killing at least one person so far, Maduro declared that he won.

And nobody knows if the opposition can actually take the seat they definitely won.

trump is being quite clear that he would do the same, if only people put him in power in November, because it’s really hard to pull off unless you already have control of the government in the first place.

102 Likes

Also, not taken seriously by the mainstream media. Marcy Wheeler has an excellent write-up about the media screw-ups.

“My Beautiful Christians:” Trump’s Pandering to Christian Nationalists - emptywheel

63 Likes

Just needs some basting and seasoning.

36 Likes

FM5PaBQUUAEACQT-2874409199

31 Likes

Let’s just remind all our pro-lifers out there…

God gives no shits. God didn’t say ‘don’t stone the adultress until after the baby is born’. It was never about life, it was about property rights.

99 Likes

That’s how I interpret it, sure, and, as I see it, only a damned fool would credit any other explanation… because the stakes are very high…

but… there’s some possibility that President Big Brain Best Words meant that he could only have one more term, and after that, he doesn’t give a damn how anyone votes, because he cares nothing for policy, nothing for anything other than himself. He is decompensating quite thoroughly, these days. Recall he also lately told his audience he didn’t care about them, he just needed them to vote for him. Literally, he said that.

56 Likes

JD Vance: “He looked like he’d be a fun guy to have a beer with," should’ve gotten a lighter prison sentence. pic.twitter.com/fT8s183Vxx

Sounds like JD’s got some kinks other than furniture and dolphins.

69 Likes

I mean, i’ve known plenty of pagans, a lot of them asatruar. He does look like he’d probably be a lot of fun to hang out with in the right environments. Ain’t no reason a blot’s gotta get political.

13 Likes

On the one hand … on the other hand … etc.

Best line by Topol in ‘Fiddler on the Roof’:

THERE IS NO OTHER HAND!!!

40 Likes

I can’t love this more. Dem’s in ‘array’ and Fox folks melting down.

40 Likes

80 Likes

It’s not a new thing with these guys. I, for one, remember:

Rove’s vision for a permanent Republican majority had little to do with winning properly run elections for the simple reason that there IS no Republican majority in free elections, and Rove knows that. To get a Republican majority and make it permanent, therefore, he had to 1) gain power; and 2) destroy the vitality of democratic institutions.

I mean, for Rove, when all you’ve got is a pipe dream, you can say anything you want, but the concept has been there for a long time, and there are currently enough idiot voters, coupled with the whims of the EC to take it from pipe dream to viable plan.

83 Likes

Nah, he’s the poster child for multiple interpretations. What he’s saying here is right in line with “We’ll be winning so much you’ll be tired of winning,” and that he’ll stop the war in Ukraine in 24 hours.

He’s promising to permanently solve every problem Christians have with government if they vote for him just one more time, so they won’t have to use the ballot box to get what they want after that.

And maybe he’s also hinting at a dictatorship, sure. But this is not dissimilar from other tropes he uses when he gives a speech to a friendly audience.

21 Likes

Thanks for the new vocabulary word.

14 Likes