Trump Peppered Acting AG With Near-Daily Calls For Bogus 2020 Election Probes | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

Your regular reminder that we still don’t know so much about how President Trump abused the powers of his office to overturn the 2020 election. The latest revelation comes via the Washington Post:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382775
1 Like

Trump Peppered Acting AG With Near-Daily Calls For Bogus 2020 Election Probes

Similar to what I said yesterday -

I wish that I could say that I am shocked…but I’m not.

45 Likes

`

• Rosen kept the calls close to the vest,
    but notes of some of the calls were kept by Rosen aide Richard Donoghue.

Everyone tapes the Trumps and those who don’t, usually keep notes or have multiple witnesses to back em up.

`

38 Likes

Lordy I hope so.

31 Likes

Eventually, they will be conspicuously alive….

56 Likes

The list of people who need to be called to testify before the 1/6 House Investigative Committee just keeps growing.

28 Likes

It’s basically American folklore

36 Likes

All of them Katie, all of them.

22 Likes

Paging Putin…

18 Likes

I am beginning to see the feds dragnet forming around the Trump cabal! Can you see it too?

21 Likes

If they aren’t snitching to him or Haberman, they’re basically getting ready to be “pointers” (“that’s where you will find the bodies.”).

11 Likes

Of course he did. He couldn’t understand why everything he and his foreign handlers had done to tilt the table hadn’t worked

20 Likes

The gullibility of Americans is not lost on European entrepreneurs. Finnish Long Drink, a concoction out of the Prohibition Era (yes, Finland had prohibition like the US), once the go-to drink of 16-year-old girls, and possessing a taste profile similar to diluted urinal cleaning liquid, has been endorsed by no less than Kim Kardashian as the “national drink of Finland”, (and actually invented in 1952 at the Olympics!) Needless to say, the youngsters that started their boutique bathtub-mixing operation find themselves instant millionaires.

13 Likes

Nice to see items we send show up here at TPM. I sent the Mo Brooks story last night. He had prior knowledge of the Jan. 6 violence and was wearing body armor.

40 Likes

Now let me see if I have this straight.

A man who has screwed over every person who ever worked for him, who held his bankers for ransom by threatening bankruptcy, who shamelessly announced on national television that he wished he could fuck his own daughter, who heard the disgusted groans of “ewwwww” instead as “awwwww” a tender affirmation of his incestuous animal lust, who demands loyalty above all else repeatedly tried to abuse the power of the United States to benefit his own needs?

I’m shocked.

35 Likes

And he is a lawyer who doesn’t understand procedure, as he gave up immunity.

In Swalwell’s case, however, the Justice Department seized upon comments demonstrating that, at the Jan. 6 rally, Brooks was acting not as an elected official, but as a politician seeking to influence future elections. Ironically, it was Brooks himself who made these statements, under oath, in an effort to evade this very lawsuit. The congressman’s legal defense has turned into a legal liability.

47 Likes

"Christ, what an asshole." – Lucy van Pelt

(Christ, I think I’ve posted this same comment over 2,000 times now!!!..)

19 Likes

“ The former head of the National Rifle Association and his wife went to great lengths to ship parts of the elephant they killed in Botswana back home—and to keep their names far removed from it. According to The New Yorker, Wayne LaPierre and his wife, Susan, had elephant feet repurposed for stools, umbrella stands, and a trash can, all while trying to make sure the shipment couldn’t be traced back to them. A 2013 email from Susan LaPierre to a manager asked that the shipment to be sent to a taxidermist and for the company to “not use our names anywhere if at all possible.” Aside from explicitly violating NRA rules on contractor gifts greater than $250, the two were afraid of a backlash over their hunt after seeing the pushback from an episode of hunting show Under Wild Skies, in which the host shot and killed an elephant. New York’s Attorney General’s Office, which has sought to disband the gun-rights organization over corruption claims, said the gifts were worth thousands of dollars and “in excess of authorized amounts pursuant to NRA policy to LaPierre and his wife.” An NRA spokesperson told the outlet the hunting trip was perfectly legal and that the NRA donated some of the other animal prizes from that trip.”
34 Likes

Need I say more.

6 Likes

Mo Brooks might be as stupid as Kevin McCarthy.

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available