Trump Peppered Acting AG With Near-Daily Calls For Bogus 2020 Election Probes | Talking Points Memo

Moynihan never wowed me as a Senator, but he was a great phrase-maker–this is a real time example of ‘defining deviancy down’. I’m so numbed ‘Abuse of Power’ didn’t even occur to me. I just thought ‘same old shit.’

13 Likes

Nelson

3 Likes

Wow, that’s setting a low bar.

3 Likes

Remington: US gunmaker offers $33m to Sandy Hook shooting victims - BBC News

8 Likes

I would only be shocked if he hadn’t done that shit.

11 Likes

Well, c’mon, he was wearing body armor to protect himself from antifa terrorists.

I wonder if he ever “practiced” law before getting elected to the House. If it was criminal law, his clients are probably all still in jail.

12 Likes

So now Missouri is the “Don’t Show Me State”?

30 Likes

If you put these two, Louie Gohmert, and RonJon in a small room together, it would probably form a black hole of stupidity.

I wonder how it was determined he was wearing body armor. If he was bragging about it, that brings him to the very bottom of the well of stupidity.

20 Likes

The calls began soon after Rosen replaced Bill Barr as attorney general and ended after the Jan. 6 attack

Geee, I wonder why!

15 Likes

As a conservative estimate, 10 abuses of power per day times 350 days per year times 4 years per Trump Administration times 1 Trump Administration per Trump equals 14,000 abuses of power per Trump.

17 Likes

Lots of Competition for that prize

15 Likes

Do they need volunteers? I’m in.

9 Likes

That photo of TFG smirking into the phone. He can’t possibly realize how incredibly stupid it makes him look. Every time I see a photo of his smirks I am reminded of a bratty child who has convinced his parents that he’s cute.

23 Likes

Hey I resemble that remark!

9 Likes

It’s like on the Sopranos when the vintage rock song starts playing in the soundtrack. Or watching Dexter cover a white-tiled wall with Saran Wrap.

9 Likes

Invy, I have always liked your style…

7 Likes

Lol. I made that exact comment the other day.

It is a handy phrase, harkening back to a gentler time when we could still laugh at little monsters Republicans were bringing up from the basement.

7 Likes

I would support the complete liquidation of the Ivies, starting with Yale.

14 Likes

I know it is stunning.

To expect he has any scruples at all, that is.

1 Like
  • Trump called Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen on a near-daily basis to pressure the Justice Department to act on wild claims about voter and election fraud.
  • Rosen kept the calls close to the vest, but notes of some of the calls were kept by Rosen aide Richard Donoghue.
  • The calls began soon after Rosen replaced Bill Barr as attorney general and ended after the Jan. 6 attack.
  • “Trump was absolutely obsessed about it,” one source told the Post.
  • Rosen was “generally noncommittal” on the calls.
  • Testimony from Rosen and Donoghue and Donoghue’s notes will be of high interest to congressional investigators.

I would like to opine that the above seems ridiculous. But I can’t. Trump has descended to the depths of lawlessness…

Power=Law=Power to him

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available