Trump On Pandemic: ‘The Only Thing’ Administration Has Done Poorly Is Public Relations | Talking Points Memo

He’s so sociopathic he’ll say the same when we get to 400,000 too.

9 Likes

Trump on COVID is defensive.

• Trump cheating on voting
  • Trump scaring people about not leaving
  • proclaiming being Above the Law (SCOTUS, McConnell, Barr, Graham)
  • Trump paid slaves (Stone, Bannon, GOP Congress, Meadows, etc) defending him

All of the latter four are offensive.

More importantly, it keeps the focus off of Trump’s defensive liabilities.

5 Likes

BTW: Yesday, Amy Klobuchar had an epic take down of Ted Cruz. Do not mess with her when she is angry. Click on pic.twitter

Watching Amy destroy lying Ted is delicious
pic.twitter.com/R8qbx49ZLG

— Molly Jong-Fast🏡 (@MollyJongFast) September 26, 2020
18 Likes

The best PR would have been doing a competent job.

When the virus was reported in Dec./Jan.

8 Likes

Trump On Pandemic: ‘The Only Thing’ Administration Has Done Poorly Is Public Relations

And by “public relations” he means every damn thing that he has said and done.

13 Likes

Even if they just are looking at the death toll, it’s staggering. Yes, the total casualties are also staggering. Anyone still trying to compare this to the flu is just totally missing how this disease maims AND kills. The prospect of dying is not as frightening as the idea of dying after prolonged suffering, or surviving to live a life of suffering. Trump’s cult just seem to think it’s a quick death - you are there and then you are not, like getting a bullet to the back of the head- you take one for the team and die like a man! These same people or their ancestors in the past have looked at all politically expedient casualties the same way. You can’t see the mangled corpse inside the flag draped coffin.

20 Likes

Florida is opening up its bars and restaurants and we are entering the time of the year when people are spending more time indoors and the experts are predicting another big increase in cases. Of course, Trump knows best and the experts are just trying to make him look bad.

Watch Florida, it will probably be the first state to break its prior record of new cases.

20 Likes

She was magnificent! And it wasn’t just Cruz she took down. She took their whole corrupt project down, and with such passion. Real passion. I cannot tell you how moving I found her. Thank you so much for posting that!

20 Likes

That’s going to make a lot of sick and dying Trump voters. There’s two full incubation periods between now and election day!

9 Likes

Hell, he hosts the damned parties. Problem is, he maintains more than proper social distancing between himself and his idolators. He has to get down in the crowd, shake hands and kiss the ladies.

11 Likes

The only thing [I] did badly on was public relations

Trump isn’t even a good cheerleader.

5 Likes

Brought me to tears.

6 Likes

Well yes me too. Still. They haven’t stopped.

4 Likes

They are not easily shown as a cut and dry metric. There are so many variations on what constitutes recovery and long term disability if any. Not convenient when trying to splash numbers about.

5 Likes

Wrong, Fatso! You’re a congenital liar!

3 Likes

McEnany has already provided cover way past 400,000. "We were looking at the prospect of 2 million people potentially perishing from the coronavirus in this country. The fact that we have come nowhere near that number is a testament to this president taking immediate action.”

7 Likes

ETA When/if you follow the link you get 9/24 updates.

3 Likes

Some one should point out this pandemic has claimed as many lives as if bin laden’s people had flown their aircraft into buildings 68 times already. More flights to come.

But per Trump, mission accomplished.

7 Likes

He’s so proud of the ventilators. I get the impression that we’re one more round of polls away from his sending a ventilator to every household in America. “A ventilator in every living room–MAGA!”

10 Likes

I took a PR course in J-school. Teacher started the first class defining PR as “Do good and tell people.” No wonder trump sucks at PR.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available