Trump On Pandemic: ‘The Only Thing’ Administration Has Done Poorly Is Public Relations | Talking Points Memo

Well since he’s not in a position to hear them, then in his mind they don’t exist.

10 Likes

Friends I don’t envy you. The next few months are going to be a wicked ride. The concept of Truth had never been on the chopping block like it is now. Hopefully America can rectify this issue after January 2021. Stupidity has to be quickly reigned in and your institutions have to be restored because right now the world is watching. Some are worried (me) but leaders in despotic countries are smiling.

10 Likes

See, there’s where the PR failed, because they should have labeled them
" People Popsicles" with some cheery imagery. Like ice cream trucks.

14 Likes

To give credit where credit is due, TrumpTrailers are a marketing masterpiece.

15 Likes

Isn’t it interesting that Trump was more concerned about the ebola outbreak in 2014 than the virus that has killed more people here and abroad? Maybe it was the blood coming out of wherever that gave him the heebee jeebees, and not people suffocating.

5 Likes

That is soooo dark. But you sent it to the right place.:grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

# Trump On Pandemic: ‘The Only Thing’ Administration Has Done … Is Public Relations

FIFY

16 Likes

Again, the focus is on deaths. The long recoveries and induced disabilities have just as much weight as death. In Trump world, it is totally ignored. The ventilator emphasis presumes life saved, no big whoop, onward to glory. The patient in San Antonio that came close to dying, got married in the hospital and after six weeks was released was only in his 40s. He noted that he had a long recovery ahead. That is just one patient. No q.e.d. and done. Simply saying someone survived is not enough. The challenges for this person include the physical and the financial. But Trump simply sees that he is not in a body bag so all is good.

26 Likes

Perfect!

2 Likes

If by “poor public relations” you mean lying your ass off and bragging about how great your obvious criminal negligence was in not preventing 4x the US death toll of the Vietnam war in less than a year, yeah, I guess you are right. But don’t be so hard on yourself.

15 Likes

“We’ve done a hell of a job,” the President said, repeating his remarks about botched optics by saying, “except on public relations and that’s explaining it to people.”

But optics have been perhaps the only concern of a president who some have accused of being fixated on his media presence.

Let’s put that slightly differently, shall we, Donald?

The only thing you cared about was the P.R. – AND YOU FUCKED IT UP.

Worse than worthless.

21 Likes

Another report said that the Pentagon used $1,000,000,000.00 that was to be used to develop ventilators and other relief resources on body armour and other military gear.

I guess there isn’t an inspector general available that hasn’t been appointed by the WH

12 Likes

Right on, and a sad reminder of a much more innocent time.

3 Likes

So…200,000 dead Americans is a PR problem. More than all Americans who died in WWI, Korea and Vietnam combined.

Got it. Hire new ad men.

12 Likes

My mind reels at the Horrors of Theresienstadt.

IF THE POWER-HUNGRY BARRS AND MCCONNELLS OF AMERICA WOULD PERMIT THIS, TRUMP WOULD FILM A DOCUMENTARY PROCLAIMING THAT COVID DOES NOT EXIST…JUST AS THE GERMANS WHO MADE THE FILM ON THERESIENSTADT, AIMED AT ANOTHER KIND OF DENIAL

Public Relations.

12 Likes

Yup, the long haulers are often not discussed -admitted to the hospital, put on a vent, discharged needing dialysis. Several news stories in our local media highlighting long haulers -extreme fatigue, breathing problems, continued aches 6 months following diagnosis.

10 Likes

This is absolutely disgusting – as is the diversion of funds @greylady mentioned up above. We cannot be rid of this miscreant soon enough.

7 Likes

JFC this level of delusion is terrifying. I think 200,000+ people would not agree with the dotard giving himself between and A and A+. Dog he’s got to go.

4 Likes

Better still, he should show his fucking confidence by going to infection parties.

7 Likes

We are going to need a truth and reconciliation commission when this administration is defeated. The abuse of tax payer money is stunning.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available