Trump Officially Taps Conservative Amy Coney Barrett For Supreme Court | Talking Points Memo

They all blandly say how this situation is very different. The reason they cite—the harmony of presidential party and majority in Congress—is a roundabout way of saying they don’t have to accept a moderate because ick.

10 Likes

If I may may, I’d say say “cray cray all the way way.”

4 Likes

She has the glazed eyed “true believer” look doesn’t she?

6 Likes

You are forgetting Trump constiuents Moscow Mitch and Vlad the Impaler.

1 Like

If her eyes are any indication of the soul within, her appearance is all that’s nice about her.

She’s going to be a serious problem on this court. Who among the Dem Sens can at least make a stink about this and not get shouted down or lose their time with an overbearing chairperson in the hearings?

5 Likes

Not much daylight, if any, between the taliban and evangelicals.

23 Likes

He wouldn’t know the difference between her and a turnip. Don’t believe it for a minute.

4 Likes

The American Taliban.

8 Likes

You and @darrtown:

2 Likes

43 Likes

She’s a woman of “unparalleled achievement” compared to whom? Surely not Ginzburg??

7 Likes

A lot of the “liberal” Supreme Court justices weren’t appointed by Democrats. They were conservative jurists who grew in their positions. Today’s Republicans are careful to appoint political ideologues. Republicans are appalled when democrats even mention religion when questioning a jurist. But they are very careful to appoint judges who’s opinions are based on religious belief rather than an non religious reading of the law.

13 Likes

She will be on the bench in time to hear oral arguments on the ACA case. This fact provides the perfect opportunity for the Dems.

6 Likes

These sorts of criticisms (“the Dems always cave”) usually don’t offer any constructive advice. It drives me crazy. Majorities count and Moscow Mitch has been frightening effective using his since he’s been running the GOP caucus. He was even effective when they were in the minority. These critiques ignore this.

4 Likes

I would perversely enjoy that as well.

2 Likes

Almost as if she doesn’t believe all that Christian stuff she claims to adhere to.

13 Likes

As I intimated…they’re just nice words to trump. He cares not what they mean.

4 Likes

She may be coached to ‘not deal in hypotheticals’ the same way Kav was. I don’t think it’s going to matter. She is not going to answer any of the questions posed to her by Dems in any way, let alone in an honest way.

8 Likes

Wait until the Ds appoint an out-and-out atheist…

4 Likes

Dems should adopt what Blumenthal is doing -not meet with her.

I still cannot get over that she holds that separate but equal is somehow permissible.

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available