Trump Officially Taps Conservative Amy Coney Barrett For Supreme Court | Talking Points Memo

So much for listening to their constituents. Oh that’s right their only constituent is Trump

New from Data for Progress (@DataProgress) -

By 43-points, people want to deal with covid pandemic (health & economy) before confirming SCOTUS

- COVID: 65%
- SCOTUS: 22%https://t.co/tBZESTw3tj pic.twitter.com/32wGwmI8WJ

— Jesse Ferguson (@JesseFFerguson) September 26, 2020
22 Likes

Rovey Wade? Never heard of him. Next question please.

4 Likes

“Judicial reform” could be another term the Dems could use.

9 Likes

I predict Lora Linney will play her in the HBO movie.

15 Likes

This had been the Dem MO during Bush II, and has been since 2017.

Every few months something done by the President or his minions that is even more egregious and outrageous than the previous one comes up. Dems holler and shout and tell us that this will be the end of the Presidency.

Soon the whole thing fizzles, I start pulling my hair out, and in a few months the whole cycle repeats.

Don’t get your hopes up. Actually nothing is gonna happen. She will be sworn in by Oct. 31.

4 Likes

“She is a woman of unparalleled achievement, towering intellect, sterling credentials and unyielding loyalty to the Constitution,” Trump said, announcing the nomination in the Rose Garden on Saturday.
… … … …
Lay it on thick donald. We know ya don;t mean a word of it…

I am sure he made it very plain what he expects from Judge Barret:

An end to Obamacare (who the fuck cares about preexisting conditions anyway. “It’s that damned Black man and the way he dissed me at that correspondent’s dinner …)
and
Save my taxes from being revealed…
and
Reelect me.
You can kill Roe v Wade cuz I don’t care. Uppity wimminz anyway”…
This is why Mz Barrett is smiling (beyond lifetime employment)

13 Likes

Suggested edit…

12 Likes

Good Schumer is staying away from religion.

Schumer: "The American people should make no mistake—a vote by any Senator for Judge Amy Coney Barrett is a vote to strike down the Affordable Care Act and eliminate protections for millions of Americans with pre-existing conditions."

"I will strongly oppose this nomination."

— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) September 26, 2020
30 Likes

More a midwestern Fran Drescher.

7 Likes

Blumenthal won’t meet with her.

Sen. Blumenthal: "I will oppose the confirmation of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, as I would any nominee proposed as part of this illegitimate sham ... as Americans are already casting their votes."

"I refuse to treat this process as legitimate and will not meet with Judge Barrett."

— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) September 26, 2020
23 Likes
  • Name deceptively evokes Coney Island, a place that is good.

Also:

• Name effeminately evokes Bill Barr, an AG who is bad.
6 Likes

This makes me sick to my stomach.

17 Likes

Vote, because you never know if Thomas or Alito will kick the bucket or retire.

17 Likes

She had an interesting position on a SCOTUS appointment prior to an election.

She seems to have gotten over it.

22 Likes

Naw. “Ram through actual jurists to eliminate the impact of the 25% of the courts which were nominated by an illegitimate “president” and who have no business being on the bench at all.”

Take the fight to them.

15 Likes

Because if the GOP does a brutally hypocritical power play a few weeks from an election because they can and there’s nothing the Dems can do about it, it’s time to bash the Dems again. You people are literally obsessed with this. Really not the time or the place, but I waste my breath.

22 Likes

It is outrageous that in the 21st century anyone is against having access to birth control.

20 Likes

Dems should take a note from Alex Hirsch.

https://twitter.com/_alexhirsch/status/1309606604631760896?s=21

8 Likes

And needs to be asked about it. She is shameless.

15 Likes

Blessed be the fruit!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available