Trump Mulls Commuting Ex-Illinois Gov Rod Blagojevich’s Prison Sentence

President Trump is considering cutting former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s prison sentence short, citing how “fantastic” the imprisoned politician’s wife is and the fact that he was on Trump’s former show “Celebrity Apprentice.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1241241
1 Like

Being held accountable for corruption in public office? Pffft.

So unfair.

Especially when the wife is so fantastic.

15 Likes

Yea, what the hey, if Trump can sell seats in his Administration.

7 Likes

Working the refs in at least three ways:

1. Everybody’s corrupt - look at this Dem in prison
  2. It is too easy for crooked prosecutors to get a conviction
  3. Corruption is no big deal - 7 years is too long a term.

Its a distraction and it is laying the groundwork for his defense. I hope top Dems and the punditocracy will start calling out Trump’s strategy, and in so doing, take the wind out of them.

12 Likes

Dare to dream…

4 Likes

Birds of a feather. (With bad hair.)

7 Likes

Did anyone notice Dems screaming for Blagojevich’s release?
I didn’t think so
The fact that Kushner the pencil neck geek is involved puts the motives in question.
When did he ever do something altruistic?
Quid Pro Quo or nothing is his motto

9 Likes

Like everything else, this is a distraction.

I suppose we should take this one as a win, no implied or outright racism and probably not going to inspire a mass shooting.

1 Like

“His wife I think is fantastic and I’m thinking about commuting his sentence very strongly."

He’s grooming her. Next up, he’ll be calling her in for a pre-pardon interview.

9 Likes

Can I use that for the title of my memoir? :wink:

I think unless you hang out with him you can’t refute this. It’s certainly possible. But you notice he tends to identify with awful people who resemble him in their awfulness and he feels their suffering very keenly because he doesn’t want to suffer himself. So on the surface his great legal mind adds up the fantastic wife and the Apprentice appearance and concludes it’s all very unfair. It may be in part a subtle plan but it’s also this weird, obsessive figure being unable to avoid projecting and flaunting his worst, most corrupt qualities in the most obvious possible ways. I don’t think a typical devious hypocrite would go anywhere near suggesting Blagojevich was treated unfairly.

That’s the thing about Kushner. He thinks in such crude, simplistic terms it’s hard to imagine he could have stumbled through a course in solar-panel installation at a community college, much less go to Harvard and come out with a degree. Fire Comey! The Democrats will love it! How’d that work out? Free this flagrantly corrupt bully boy and we’ll all love you because he has a D after his name, ha ha clever plan, genius boy. You can see what Ivanka saw in him–he’s as stupid as anyone born a Trump.

18 Likes

Better publish it soon, while people still believe in dreams…

1 Like

I guess if Trump ends up in jail playing the “fantastic wife” card will prove a failed ploy.

2 Likes

“A man who is a Democrat, not a Republican—who I don’t know very well, but he was on ‘The Apprentice’ … I thought he was treated unbelievably unfairly.”

back to Ishii vs. Takagi.

7 Likes

Trump was a Democrat, too.

4 Likes

“I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.”

So I act like I’m gonna pardon her husband and, “BOOM!” I’m in there!

(Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html)

7 Likes

and it was the same gang, the Comey gang and all these sleazebags that did it

#previouslyonfox

5 Likes

Sigh yet another move to control the narrative.

Look. bright shiny. Over there.

5 Likes

That is some kind of fucked up gene pool

5 Likes

He was on The Apprentice, Comey’s FBI put him away, and his wife is hot. Reason enough, I guess?

7 Likes