Trump Met With Boos, ‘Lock Him Up’ Chants At Nats Game

President Donald Trump made a surprise appearance at the Washington Nationals-Houston Astros game in Washington D.C. Sunday night, only to hear the stadium erupt in boos and “lock him up” chants when his image was projected onto the jumbotron.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1258442
2 Likes

Well…he is foul.

64 Likes

That’s fair

26 Likes

John Ratcliffe, his failed DNI candidate, was there as well.

Wishing to avoid a controversy, the Nats […] had chef José Andrés, a Trump critic[,] throw out the ceremonial first pitch.

Glad to hear that’s how one avoids controversy!

30 Likes

That’s fowl, as in chicken hawk.

15 Likes

Remember when that happened to President Obama?

Me neither…

Sucks to be you, Donnie…

61 Likes

One thing is for certain: as soon as Trump leaves the White House, he won’t ever be able to cash in on his name again. The Trump family name will be about as marketable as Hitler. In all likelihood, he’ll be flat broke within a year after leaving office even if he does manage to evade prosecution.

63 Likes

No wonder the Nats lost. Just like the Cubs having a billy goat jinx. The Nats now have a jackass jinx.

33 Likes

Good thing he couldn’t have them all arrested for their lack of faith. For now.

3 Likes

Out of the bubble, into the light. Or rather out of the dugout…

3 Likes

Now we know what the quid pro quo was for Gaetz leading the “stunt” last week - a free ticket to the Series game.

40 Likes

Wait til they tell Donnie that the crowd at the game was twice as large as the one that attended his coronation.

61 Likes

Cheap date.

(Gaetz or Trump? You decide.)

6 Likes

I guess Barron doesn’t like baseball. :neutral_face:

Father of the Year? Another award Trump will never be qualified to win.

69 Likes

Maybe he just promised Gaetz free beer?

15 Likes

And stuck him with the bill.

23 Likes

Matt Gaetz is a second term Rep. He’s proof all you have to do to get in Trump’s tight inner sanctum is be a bombastic, grating, stunt pulling sycophant. They’re made for each other.

52 Likes

Hmmm wonder why Gym Jordan didn’t show up with Captain Cheezburger?

16 Likes

Nevertheless, the crowd’s reaction shows the risk Trump runs by wandering into unfriendly territory

Well, today should be interesting in this regard as he is making a visit to Chicago. It’s designed to keep him away from the neighborhoods (like mine) which he maligns, from Chicago residents in general, from local organizations. And also designed to avoid the images of humiliation that haunted him after his 2016 visit.

He is zipping in to the national police chiefs convention to utter stupidities about guns, crime and immigration and then to a fundraiser at his grotesque “tower” on Wacker.

I’ve seen estimates that 10s of 1000s are expected to say hi in their unique way, kind of the way Nats’ fans did last night, during his visit here.

Here’s the Sun-Times “welcome” piece: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/10/28/20931955/donald-trump-chicago-visit-immigration-international-association-police-chiefs-editorial

48 Likes

President Donald Trump made a surprise appearance at the Washington Nationals-Houston Astros game in Washington D.C. Sunday night

Just how the F was it a surprise as it was announced, I think, last Wednesday.

OTOH I agree 10000000000000000000% with the fans, lock him up.

33 Likes