Trump Makes Appeal To Whites In Rant Against ‘Far-Left Fascism’ At Mount Rushmore | Talking Points Memo

MOUNT RUSHMORE NATIONAL MEMORIAL, S.D. (AP) — At the foot of Mount Rushmore on the eve of Independence Day, President Donald Trump made a direct appeal to disaffected white voters four months before Election Day, accusing protesters who have pushed for racial justice of engaging in a “merciless campaign to wipe out our history.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1318674
1 Like

As we celebrate America’s 244th Declaration of Independence

Let us honor the founding fathers and American’s struggles to maintain our democracy and civil rights

Let us also remember those needless Americans who died of Covid due to Trump’s denials, delays and disregard for anyone except himself

AND

In 2020, Let us celebrate our Declaration of Independence from Trump and his Crime+Griftter Family come November 3rd = VOTE the Treasonous Traitorous Thug OUT!

Some shadenfreuding here…

Addendum:

Whose Fourth of July is this?

The Founders discovered themselves faced with an oppressive Crown.
Separation from the Crown was right.

So, too, will be America’s liberation from Donald Trump.
That should be our declaration on this Independence Day.

47 Likes

With Trump’s rantings being a reelection, political “speech,” can we assume that the campaign paid for the trip rather than the American taxpayer??? If not, why not??? Shameless!!! With the address barely talking about Covid, who is guilty of promoting “Cancel Culture?” Phony!! Hypocrite!! Unworthy!!!

50 Likes

I gotta say he has the race for president of the Confederacy pretty much locked up.

114 Likes

Next rally site: Charlottesville.

20 Likes

“… a vast outdoor park“

Most parks are—outdoors—that’s the point.

63 Likes

This goes without saying … but I’ll say in anyway, Trump and his worshippers are Nazis.

49 Likes

‘Far Left Fascism’ is an oxymoron. Remember when we used to CARE about words and their meanings in this country?

55 Likes

Nice thing is that we’ll have a full and specific count of exactly how many Nazis are in the U.S. on November 3rd.

68 Likes

The event, while not a campaign rally, had the feel of one

Actually, it had the look and feel of a Bund rally.

59 Likes

has anyone yet done a tracing of hotspot spread from Trump events? I would expect the pattern and network of spread spots might be a useful gauge of both where to direct additional medical support, as well as excellent material for the Biden campaign.

26 Likes

Donnie’s a superspreader.

Pass it on.

16 Likes

“This movement is openly attacking the legacies of every person on Mount Rushmore,” Trump said.

Left unsaid by Trump… MOST IMPORTANTLY, ME. All these other guys are dead, I alone am your salvation.

16 Likes

Don’t think even a drug test would expose what Pence is on.

" Mike Pence Calls Donald Trump ‘My Father’ In Facebook Campaign Ad"

26 Likes

Apparently he has decided that the executive order is a way to do most anything. How can he do anything that involves new money commitment with an EO? Is this his way to create a monument to himself? Is there anything meaningful behind this or did it just sound good?

24 Likes

No.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1279404329124986886

Here’s Kim Guilfoyle speaking at an indoor event in South Dakota, no masks in sight, that was also attended by Kristi Noem the day before it was announced Guilfoyle tested positive for Covid

43 Likes

What is it they want “four more years” of? Pwning the libs by dying of COVID? Veneration of Confederate history? Russian rule? Out-of-control corruption? It’s quite bewildering.

67 Likes

The one thing Trump has improved upon since becoming President: he’s become a better demagogue.

16 Likes

Trump’s speech sounded better in its original German.

56 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available