Trump Makes Appeal To Whites In Rant Against ‘Far-Left Fascism’ At Mount Rushmore | Talking Points Memo

So he’s basically trying to lock in the votes of insecure and stupid white men who buy anything with the word “tactical” in it and consider bacon and SPAM to be food groups. I.e. racist bubbas, the rural version of Archie Bunker, Ted Nugent fans (and I’m not referring to his music output).

And don’t get on me for stereotyping. This is real. Only certain kinds of people still go for Trump and this is one of the big ones. Truck Stop Trash and their trailer trash wives. Economic dislocation my ass. They’re stupid racists and that’s a big part of why they’re economically dislocated.

The work world is demanding higher levels of education and skill but they think they’re entitled to the good life with mid-20th century skills. Instead of getting with the times, they look for easy answers and convenient scapegoats for their problems, and Trump is peddling both.

34 Likes

Is it me or is Trump saying Neo-Nazis are the the good freedom loving Americans?
If the Trumpers remember, most who knew someone in WWII, fought to free our World from the Nazis.
Trump is mocking our WWII vets like he has POWs , Gold Star families and many others in the military and all Americans who disagree with his Nazi ways.

19 Likes

Actually, this is how it’s done, by EO under the Antiquities Act of 1906. He could designate “Trump Heroes National Monument” or Historic Site, for example. Probably in Utah or Idaho, they’d like that.

12 Likes

It’s gonna be really hard to make it to November without smashing my computer in rage after reading the news…

23 Likes

The whole speech was a dog whistle to his racist base so when they get sick they will not remember this:

live%20with%20it

8 Likes

By all means put him in the National Garden of Heroes, where they can water him twice a week.

10 Likes

“The soft bigotry of low bars.”
https://twitter.com/EricBoehlert/status/1279275920411459589

he gave a “fiery” and “divisive” speech.

yeah, that’s not what I saw. I saw mad man slurring his words;

47 Likes

Presuming Pence’s bio dad is no longer alive, “My Father” in Pence’s world is generally a reference to God the Father. Really?! He’s going there?

ETA 2 days later: No, it turns out he’s not going there. He, or a proxy, copied and pasted that sentiment from something of Eric’s. Who knows if Eric was even the author of the thing “he” wrote. All around laziness and lack of attention.

10 Likes

Those darn anti-fascist fascists are at it again. But don’t forget about the far right communists, always a threat too!

16 Likes

The types of men and women who fought fascism and authoritarianism are not his target audience. He lost them long ago. He’s aiming for the people who imagine themselves to be “freedom warriors” in their heads despite not having done a damn thing towards that end. And no, stocking up on firearms is not that, doesn’t even begin to be that. He’s aiming for armchair warriors nursing racial and personal grievances and harboring delusional fantasies about taking it all back from us librul fascists.

As I’ve been saying all along, your average Trumpie is a stupid white racist loser.

53 Likes

I’ll trust you. I can’t look at them or listen to them.

9 Likes

Do his fans really feel more positive about themselves by hearing false negative things about the other team? Or do they just enjoy a sense of comfort wallowing in a pit of darkness, lies, victimization, denialism, and hate?

19 Likes

We should never learn to live with this:

40 Likes

he was signing an executive order to establish the National Garden of American Heroes, a vast outdoor park that will feature the statues of the “greatest Americans to ever live.”

i’m sure trump already some people in mind… Ronald McDonald, Jesus Christ, and you know who…

6 Likes

It’s black pits of the soul all the way down.

16 Likes

Jump in the deep end … the water’s fine.

And the current will drag you under.

3 Likes

Lose the death clock, it’s consistently low. If, for example, the US would have implemented and followed the same measures as Finland, the number of covid deaths at the moment would be about 18,000. In other words, confirmed Trump-incompetence-inflicted deaths are already about 112,000.

18 Likes

Guilfoyle and Jr. evidently spent at least Mon-Fri of this week together, one presumes intimately, as in sharing spit and stuff. One can hope they both get a close up acquaintance with “the sniffles.” I can’t even feel bad for the people in the photo and whoever else hob-nobbed with them this week.

30 Likes

Who could have guessed that in the era of instant, unfettered communication brought by the internet words themselves would ultimately become completely meaningless and open communication bottle-necked by how we choose to define them?

10 Likes

No one else was disturbed by his gold dust make up?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available