Trump Lawyer Kenneth Chesebro On His Role In The Runup To Jan. 6

OT

And we have a hat-trick!

14 Likes

Along with Billy Barr…

8 Likes

Completely disagree. Kudos @joshkovensky for bringing to attention the broadness of the fringy network - not just Eastman and Powell - to help us better understand and defend against this nonsense in the future.

26 Likes

You see the thing is that after you’ve made (or declined) the attempt to persuade the courts that all the mail votes or whatever shouldn’t count, and the courts either allow or require them to be counted anyway, that’s it – you’ve lost. You don’t then go ahead and do the conspiracy to defraud the United States by certifying fake electors and taking their fake votes and submitting them to Congress in hopes that enough members of Congress might be deceived into rejecting your state’s duly-elected and certified electors.

Sorry, Cheese, you’re over the line on this. Shut your dumb mouth and lawyer up. You’re probably someone who could actually cut a pretty sweet plea deal.

35 Likes

According to a second Times [story] … published Wednesday evening, Chesebro told Eastman that “the odds of action before Jan. 6 will become more favorable if the justices start to fear that there will be ‘wild’ chaos on Jan. 6 unless they rule by then, either way.”

That’s Michael Cohen territory.

8 Likes

You see an important light shown into dark corners, I see a traitor given a platform to whitewash himself and further extend the lies he’s peddling.

To-may-to, to-mah-to.

2 Likes

I don’t think he gets a white wash on this. Seems to me he’s implicating himself

10 Likes

The violence was so upsetting because won’t someone think about the lawyers!

It was the worst possible thing that could have happened in terms of lawyers that had serious concerns about the election in several states, that were never really addressed on the merits.”

I have grown to rely on the expertise and perspective of many of the lawyers who are TPM Prime members. Thank you.

But, everyone, there is, clearly, a perfect lawyer joke in Cheseboro’s words.

Help me find it.

3 Likes

One of the key conspirators gives a more or less candid confession of the conspiracy to defraud the United States via the fake electors gambit, and you don’t think that’s newsworthy?

This story is highly likely to be referenced in a future indictment.

33 Likes

From your keyboard to some all-powerful diety’s own news feed.

OT:

Equal time? Listen, 20 Years is about as high as I think we can go, under the circumstances.

23 Likes

Someone needs to tell Trump the hearings already are all about him.

15 Likes

I do not think this asshole’s lies are newsworthy and I doubt very much that the investigators looking into this have learned anything new from this story. I think giving a traitor a big open platform to claim that he’s great and that his lies aren’t lies is irresponsible journalism. Maybe less so on this platform, given the general level of knowledge possessed by the readers. An article like this in a mainstream news source would actually convince lesser-informed citizens that, ya know, he’s got a point.

When I’ve been wrong in the past, I have publicly admitted to such on these forums, once even apologizing to you for my previous position. If it turns out I’m wrong, I’ll own it.

Off topic but an interesting opinion read to foreshadow this afternoon’s committee hearing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/06/16/michael-luttig-jan-6-hearing-trump-gop/

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he’s already cut some sort of deal – that penthouse must have a helluva view!

1 Like

Pshaw! Who among us does not have a basketball team of hidden children?

9 Likes

it was legitimate to argue under Article II that there was a problem

And if that didn’t work, they could argue some other dopey idea.

Apparently, justice delayed is justice defined.

3 Likes

The Fairness Doctrine has not been around for almost 30 years. We now operate under the Unfairness Doctrine. So TFG can suck on that.

6 Likes

This is why I’m a TPM supporter and subscriber. Way to go, Josh Kovensky!

12 Likes

He does not appear to be lying. What he says comports with both the documentary evidence and everything we have already learned about the fake electors scheme. He is, after all, stupid enough both to have dreamed it up in the first place and to take credit for it when it’s already pretty obvious that felony charges are afoot.

16 Likes

When asked why he thought election integrity had become such a high-profile issue, Chesebro told TPM, “I don’t know enough about the field to comment.”

What an absolute bullshit lawyer answer. So you went to Harvard Law, but you’re too fucking stupid to connect the dots between your seditious efforts to undermine an election and election integrity? Fuck this lying asshole. This is why people hate lawyers, and should. They lie. All the fucking time.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available