Trump Lawyer Kenneth Chesebro On His Role In The Runup To Jan. 6

He says : “it’s legitimate to press that and let the courts decide.”

By last count the courts did that about 60 times with the flagrant phony claims of election irregularities. Yet CheeseMan continued doing his part to overturn an election. He wants it both ways as long as they are paying. Don’t believe him or trust him acting as just a lawyer gaming a position. He’s clearly in deep with the Eastmans of the Trump Tribe.

16 Likes

He keeps pushing his lies, because he’s auditioning for the Trump 2024 campaign.

Only Trump’s “lawyers” think that ‘There was good reason to argue that under Article II, that Biden had not legitimately won the electoral votes’

Everyone else, conservative judges included, think the opposite.

8 Likes

the “good reason” to argue from his POV is likely about $700/hour. It would be interesting to find out who paid his bill. If pro bono then he is a Trump Fan.

8 Likes

You’re assuming Trump actually paid him.

That’s a BIG assumption.

12 Likes

Disbar the muthaf*cker.

9 Likes

Her entitlement and her protection from any penalty will be on clear display. She is untouchable and she knows it and she will not stop her behavior because anyone says so.

4 Likes

A new name for my Highly Anticipated Obituary List. May his remaining time be interesting as all fuck.

8 Likes

Lawyers like Chesebro only reinforce the fact that there is no such thing as “the rule of law.” The law is what the people with power say it is. Had Pence been whisked away by the Secret Service then Grassley would have had power, and he would have stopped the proceedings on January 6th. Then Chesebro’s legal theories would have been tested out, and likely validated, by the Supreme Court. And Trump would be President for life.

15 Likes

What merits?

13 Likes

TBF, that $250M grift should cover his fees without breaking a sweat.

I doubt anyone who could get paid elsewhere would be working on this BS gratis.

2 Likes

Chesebro really, really wants to rehabilitate his image.

He told TPM that he had never had any contact with Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who is under scrutiny for her activism to push the alternate elector scheme.

My gestalt read of this article paints a picture of someone who wants to polish his image as an attorney who fiercely defends the interests of his client even if their interests are horribly misguided. For that measure, it sounds like he offers TPM readers his resume and services. Regrets? Sure, he regrets the violence that occurred on J6. If it’s his reputation that he seeks to polish, I know of a committee that would love to speak with him.

ETA: I see that the J6 committee deposed him on March 22. A live deposition would invigorate the legal action he took on TFG’s behalf, especially in Wisconsin.

9 Likes

It is really going to take a long time to accept that Pence being stubborn saved the country, along with heroic police officers who were not from Uvalde.

Hopefully.

14 Likes

Cheese has apparently drank the Kool-Aid. Now need to be tried, convicted and stripped of his law license. I’ll bet dollars to donuts that as more digging is done it turns out that he has lied through his teeth just like all the other Trumpers.

5 Likes

Without getting into details, it seems that ‘shit stirring nihilist’ is an accurate descriptor of The Cheese.

13 Likes

I read you loud and clear…and it is still a BFD.

Any person that arrogant cannot stop her/himself

3 Likes

I expect nothing to come of it - it hasn’t up to now and I don’t expect this to change.

1 Like

If he offered his legal services to help others commit a crime, yeah sure, disbar him. In the end, I am beginning to wonder how many lawyers will lose their licenses at the conclusion of this investigation into the attempted coup.

4 Likes

Bitcoin recommend for Larry Tribe?

https://www.google.com/search?q=sophistry+meaning&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#crs=q:sophist%20books,stick:H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgfcSYwi3w8sc9YanoSWtOXmMM5eL0zCtJLSpOTS4REuFi9y9ILUrMSxHiFGLnYnXKz88uFjJCiKoLqXJxBqXmJJakpoTkC0lwsbnmlWSWVArxSfFwcenn6hvkmRpUpJjzLGLlLc4vyMgsLlFIAhkCAEVfMQN5AAAA,cid:overview

I could care less what he has to say. He is a fucking Asshole!

4 Likes

I don’t think he drank the flavor-aid; he’s just there to ladle it into the cups for everyone else to drink. Whatever it might contain, Kool-Aid, Flavor-Aid or cyanide, it’s of no material concern to him.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available