Trump Lawyer Claimed In June That No Classified Material Remained At Mar-a-Lago

I wonder if Kash Patel even realizes that he’s like at the very top of the list of people who are going to get thrown under the bus as the legal ramifications of all this unfold…

33 Likes

34 Likes

The former president reportedly wanted to communicate to Garland that he had been checking in with people around the country, whom he claimed have been “enraged” by the search, according to the Times.

…Trump wanted to convey the message: “The country is on fire. What can I do to reduce the heat?”

JHC! What it more sounds like to me is that Trump is actually threatening Garland and the DOJ with violence now! I’m thinking there is no way for Trump to avoid full prosecution for his growing list of serious crimes against the U.S.

40 Likes

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:
​Former President Donald Trump on Sunday called for the Justice Department to return the reams of documents FBI agents seized at his Mar-a-Lago resort last week, pointing to a report that said the information was covered by attorney-client or executive privilege.

“Oh great! It has just been learned that the FBI, in its now famous raid of Mar-a-Lago, took boxes of privileged ‘attorney-client’ material, and also ‘executive’ privileged material, which they knowingly should not have taken,” Trump said on his Truth Social site.

“By copy of this TRUTH, I respectfully request that these documents be immediately returned to the location from which they were taken. Thank you!,” the former president said in the posting.

24 Likes

FBI’s response: Yeah, no.

33 Likes

Spin Spin Spin
Ohio GOP Rep. Twists Himself In Knots Defending Trump’s Criminality | Crooks and Liars
By Conover Kennard — August 14, 2022

Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH), the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, turned himself into mush on State of the Union trying to defend former President Donald Trump after a search warrant was executed on his Florida resort, Mar-a-Lago – while at the same time, Turner was attempting to act as if he backs law enforcement. CNN host Brianna Keilar wasn’t having it.

“Do you take home documents marked special access?” Keilar asked.

Turner said, "No."

37 Likes

Trump lies recklessly. His lawyers lie recklessly. The ongoing news story.

It really is amazing - and reckless. Who do you have to talk to at Mar-a-Lago to get a truthful answer to any question, receptionist, groundskeeper, delivery boy? The thing about telling the truth is you never have to remember anything. These people lie even when they don’t have to.

21 Likes

He needs to ‘hereby demand’; that ‘hereby demand’ thing always works, right? Failing that, ‘off with their heads!’ should do it.

14 Likes

“On Friday, Trump claimed that he declassified all material in his possession during his presidency — “

That’s just off the scale - off the scale irresponsible. Everyone should be screaming with alarm about such an admission. It’s far worse than just scarfing them away to Mar-a-lago.

26 Likes

And ‘now’ he says he wants to lower the heat?

NOW he’s ‘concerned’ and NOW he’s concerned that he pushed the FBI to ‘reveal’ what is going on.

Jerk.

5 Likes

Sean Hannity Calls For Twitter Parody To Be Removed | Crooks and Liars

WARNING IF YOU SEE THIS ON TWITTER IT IS EDITED FAKE NEWS. This never happened!! They spliced in comments the Governor made years ago. Twitter needs to step in and remove this immediately!! https://t.co/hKRa7JuvyO

— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) August 13, 2022
8 Likes

I cannot believe that Tina Bobb, Alina Habba and Jimmy Trusty did not advise him to return the stolen materials after selling and licensing the nuclear warhead and delivery systems information to the Saudis. That would have ended the investigation. The nuclear weapons design, manufacturing and operations information could then be resold to other terrorist states by the Saudis and with royalties coming into the Organization as part of the licensing arrangement. Win-win.

20 Likes

Well Done!!!
The complete guide to every excuse Republicans have made for Trump’s theft of classified documents (dailykos.com)

23 Likes

We’re probably about 12 to 24 hours away from Trump’s lawyers stating their client didn’t even know what was in all those boxes as he had asked Kash Patel to pack them up.

17 Likes

This is like the old Firesign Theater routine: Nomi Nomi Nomi you’re all Catholics now.

HE HAD TO TELL SOMEBODY TO DO SOME PAPERWORK, numbnutz.

8 Likes

Ron De Santis’ comments were prescient and apropos.

1 Like

I am EXTREMELY interested to see the forensic results of fingerprint identification on the documents.

I would bet even money that Slenderman’s fingerprints are on there and that he’s currently researching, “Does Israel extradite traitors to the US” in the Google.

24 Likes

Who’s “Trusty”?

1 Like

Aren’t these Trump lawyers in legal jeopardy if, back in June, they falsely stated that all the classified federal documents that TFG had taken to Florida had been duly returned to the National Archives? Are they, as well as Trump (and perhaps various Trump employees at MAL) liable under the Espionage Act for hiding and otherwise mishandling classified material?

22 Likes

James Trusty. One of Skanky’s lawyers.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available