Trump Lawyer Claimed In June That No Classified Material Remained At Mar-a-Lago

At least one of former President Trump’s lawyers asserted in a written statement in June that all classified material stored at his Mar-a-Lago residence had been returned to the government, four people with knowledge of the document told the New York Times. The Times’ report comes after FBI agents recovered more classified materials from the resort after executing a search warrant last week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1428849

Trump lies recklessly. His lawyers lie recklessly. The ongoing news story.

28 Likes

Continuing criminal conduct. TFG doxxed the FBI agents on the search warrant. FBI was going rogue he said. TFG called FBI a racketeering operation and TFG called FBI corrupt. TFG calling his people to arms. Even if this all a misunderstanding, why would any ex-president who cares about the nation express all of this hate? Especially knowing what his army did to the Capitol?

33 Likes

It is not the lawyer. It is Skanky who lied to the court. Christina Bobb said that she had conducted an extensive investigative search of MaL for sensitive classified nuclear weapons and warheads documents and not found them. It is therefore likely that Skanky, the Family and Organization secreted them carefully or transferred them to their Saudi intelligence clients during that period.

23 Likes

He should have complied.

No one kneeled on his neck for 7 minutes.

23 Likes

He’s having a fit because he didn’t smash his phone.

19 Likes

But she didn’t look in the ornate leather box with a note taped to it that read, "Do not open. There are no access-limited nuclear plans, evidence of Saudi blackmail, and J6 involvement inside. You can move along."

31 Likes

And just as I expected the Sunday Gasbag shows let the liars recite the latest talking points from Frank Luntz and his focus groups…

13 Likes

He can smash it when he gets it back.

13 Likes

It is time to execute search warrants on all of DFG’s other properties.

26 Likes

You know, I don’t think Frank would touch this one with a 10 foot polling instrument.

13 Likes

Sidney Blumenthal asks some relevant questions:

https://www.nationalmemo.com/mar-a-lago

20 Likes

Look everyone: Trump has a perfectly valid excuse for all of this-- he can’t read!

How was he supposed to know those documents were classified or top secret or whatever if he can’t read any of those words?

Case dismissed!!

11 Likes

Same guy who said FBI should have scheduled a surrender of the cell phone evidence.

6 Likes

And we have another MAGAT who opened fire at the Capitol before doing the “Top of the world, Ma” thing.

20 Likes

Trump can proclaim his bowel movements to be solid 24k Gold … but they ain’t … and no amount of lying will make them so.

19 Likes

“Hey Vlad, can you read these nuclear documents to me?”

9 Likes

But his MAGAT followers will believe that they are solid gold because they are that stupid.

9 Likes

I realize that this is day 5 in the greatest interdimensional schadenfreude rift since the 1911 Tunguska blast, but I have to leave to go walk before it gets hot here in the Old Pueblo.

Ciao, later.

36 Likes

Stupid is as stupid does…Just what do they hope to accomplish???
Armed Trump supporters outside Phoenix FBI office - CNN Video

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available