Trump Lashes Out At Own FBI Chief For Not Drinking ‘Deep State’ Kool-Aid

President Trump criticized FBI Director Christopher Wray in no uncertain terms on Tuesday morning, slamming the bureau chief for his acceptance of the findings laid out in the Justice Department inspector general’s report on the origins of the Russia probe.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267468
1 Like

And it’s another great day in Moscow!

46 Likes

I hope Wray fights back and makes this a hill to die upon if necessary.

43 Likes

Pretty sure Trump has not read any version of the report; at best only bullet points prepared by one of his lackeys. More likely whispered in his ear by Putin through implanted ear phone.

44 Likes

I hope one of the Articles of Impeachment includes the phrase “tedious jagoff”.

33 Likes

Wray has some integrity, Barr none.

43 Likes

Lavrov is going to complete those instructions today: they want Ukraine, above all else.

23 Likes

"Barr also asserted that “no one is more dismayed about the handling of these FISA applications than Director Wray.”

WTF??!! Barr is now telling Wray how he feels? Lemme tell ya, Billy-boy; you’re no Charles Boyer

42 Likes

And when I say fix, I mean fix.

13 Likes

Where’s the loyalty to Individual 1? Where’s the willingness to support the lies of a so-called president and believe in and blindly support disproved conspiracy theories? Where’s the ability to suspend reality? Where’s the agreement to throw away integrity and ethics? Where’s the next FBI Director coming from?

19 Likes

the FBI did not improperly launch the Russia probe and there was no political motivation behind starting the investigation.

Donald Trump hates America more than Putin does.

27 Likes

“Cheats at golf” : - )

16 Likes

Surely there is someone at Faux news who can fill in

9 Likes

Wray made his opinion of the Russia investigation known during his confirmation hearings. He is expressing an identical opinion today as he previously expressed:

On a day when Mr. Trump again called the Russia investigation “a witch hunt,” Mr. Wray said he disagreed, told senators that no one at the White House had asked him to pledge loyalty to the president and vowed to resign should the president ask him to do anything illegal.

He also said he had no doubts about the intelligence community’s assessment that Russia interfered in the election, a conclusion the president has questioned. He pledged that if confirmed, he would read the classified portions of the assessment as soon as he was sworn in.

For Trump to lambaste and threaten Wray for positions he took over two years ago, positions known to Trump, Barr, the intel and law enforcement community, is asinine. Yet typical of Trump’s rotting mind. I’m curious how many in media will point out Wray is merely reiterating what he has said about all of this in the past, and has never wavered from.

39 Likes

'Impeachment and removal shall set us free and land his worthless ass in jail."

2 Likes

I’m sure DJT’s people give him reports that say everything favors him, always. It preserves their jobs, and contrary news reports provide him with the delicious rage against The Media that sustains him and his base. That’s a WIN-WIN-WIN for Trumpers.

10 Likes

Irkutsk?

6 Likes

There’s a guy named Tucker Hannity. Put both brains together and you wouldn’t have half the brain of Wray.

But, there is someone with a legal background who Trump admires and who would be perfect for the job … how does Director Jeanine Pirro sound?

6 Likes

12 Likes

Fascism, We Hardly Knew Ye

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available