Trump Lashes Out At Own FBI Chief For Not Drinking ‘Deep State’ Kool-Aid

Barr tried to bring him in the fold with his early statement. Obviously,it didn’t work.

5 Likes

This is out of character for Barr; he’s typically an accurate and dispassionate voice with respect to investigations involving Trump.

12 Likes

“President Poke-a-hooker”

8 Likes

Coincidentally Lavrov is in town to high five the dotard after he fires Wray.

17 Likes

“That to expect bad people not to injure others is crazy. It’s to ask the impossible. And to let them behave like that to other people but expect them to exempt you is arrogant–the act of a tyrant.”

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

24 Likes

Articles today, taxes on Friday. Perhaps the best week yet.

13 Likes

I thought Aurelius used the example of the “Leopard eating face” party.
Am I mixed up? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I try to capture that in Risk, when I can.

5 Likes

Comey
McCabe
Rybicki
Baker
Strzok
Page

Wray

So hard to get good help these days.

5 Likes

OT, but just, sheesh. Sheesh.

Trump was “shown a satellite image of the Korean peninsula at night, showing the lights of China and South Korea and the blackness of North Korea in between. Trump initially mistook the void for an ocean. When he was shown the bright lights of Seoul just 30 miles south of the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas, the president asked: ‘Why is Seoul so close to the North Korean border?’” the Guardian reports, adding,

34 Likes

So, here’s something else. When the Washington Post first reported on the IG’s findings, it included the following:

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s office contacted U.S. Attorney John Durham, the prosecutor Barr personally tapped to lead a separate review of the 2016 probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia, the people said. The inspector general also contacted several U.S. intelligence agencies.

Among Horowitz’s questions: whether a Maltese professor who interacted with a Trump campaign adviser was actually a U.S. intelligence asset deployed to ensnare the campaign, the people said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the inspector general’s findings have not been made public.

But the intelligence agencies said the professor was not among their assets, the people said. And Durham informed Horowitz’s office that his investigation had not produced any evidence that might contradict the inspector general’s findings on that point. . . . It is also unclear whether Durham has shared the entirety of his findings and evidence with the inspector general or merely answered a specific question.

I think we’ve all had enough of Barr.

32 Likes

Does Orly Taitz still have her law license?

5 Likes

someone work this fatboy slim send up into a ditty…

right about now
trump Seoul brother
bus 'em out now…
trump Seoul brother
bus 'em out now…

5 Likes

“Ladies and gentlemen, this man[Trump] may talk like an idiot and he may act like an idiot, but don’t let that fool you. He really is an idiot.”

22 Likes

Thanks, george! May be my only chuckle for the day. And give my regards to my old pals Cecil and Ollie.

3 Likes

One key point, made more than once here, is that the FBI did Trump a huge favor by not announcing the investigation. He and Barr are fools for not recognizing that. It was Hilary Clinton who got screwed by the FBI when Comey announced the investigation into her aide’s computer files. She was totally screwed, and Trump got elected with nary a whiff of this whole thing. Go figure.

32 Likes

I remember when Trump appointed Christopher Wray to head the FBI. I assumed Wray would be a toady like the rest of Trump’s appointments. I am surprised and somewhat relieved that he has any integrity.

16 Likes

My pleasure. And of course, you mean Kukla and Ollie (which was short for Oliver P. Dragon).

8 Likes

The fact that Trump did not expect the IG report to be what it is and more importantly, did not expect Wray to accept it completely is significant to me.

Yep. And they are slowly losing their ability to throw it past him. So many ways this could have gone down.

One way is by his projection. He projects a belief early on, expecting people to scramble to make the world match up to that belief. Why not? That is how he has operated all his life. People can pull it off for so long, but criticality builds to a point in which reality hits and hits hard.

“which is badly broken despite having some of the greatest men & women working there!”

He is doing it again with that line. Projecting and making a silent ask of the greatest men & women" there. He is fishing for someone to make this work for him even after it didn’t.

30 Likes

I had enough of him when he was Bush the Elder’s AG.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available