Trump Knocks McConnell Once Again For Insufficient Loyalty | Talking Points Memo

Former President Trump on Monday took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), as he seeks to punish any Republican he feels was not sufficiently loyal to him amid his attempt to snatch electoral victory from the jaws of defeat.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1365981
1 Like

Episode 1? Someone is desperate for attention, lol.

20 Likes

Former President Trump on Monday took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), as he seeks to punish

Ever tried to bite a box turtle? This should be fun.

10 Likes

It’s probably too much to hope for, but perhaps Traitor Turtle, to salvage his “honor,” will challenge TFG to a duel. One hopes it would be either grenades or carpet bombing at dawn.

2 Likes

The New York Times’ report of McConnell’s boast came amid the former president sending cease-and-desist letters to at least three Republican organizations to stop fundraising off his name and likeness in an effort to consolidate his large influence on the GOP.

It’s a pretty sick country that it’s possible to monetize Trump’s likeness.

9 Likes

If McTurtle was capable of human emotion, that might sting.

1 Like

Fixed

4 Likes

“Trump on Monday took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), as he seeks to punish any Republican he feels was not sufficiently loyal to him…”

“In response, McConnell’s office released a contrite statement pledging to ‘lick harder’ .”

30 Likes

This podcast host feels like they’re unveiling a new character in the Fox News Cinematic Universe.

9 Likes

that aint twitter
ouch

and there you have it it is always about the grift that is the Alpha and Omega of the Republicans

16 Likes

You could sell it as an emetic.

2 Likes

I’m okay if it’s for Halloween purposes.

Two Trump stories this morning. He can only become irrelevant if the media helps to make him so.
Neither story is of national interest.
Added:
Unless he really is charged with being culpable for the insurrection. The chances of that happening are slim to none.

I know, slow news day. But AstraZeneca released their US clinical trail data this morning. It’s kind of interesting being as there’s a pandemic raging around the world yet.

6 Likes

…or a hamberder eating contest. It certainly won’t be golf (not with witnesses).

5 Likes

Come on Moscow Mitch, you crooks and liars need to stick together and now your wife, Elaine Chao is a full fledged member of the crook club too.

5 Likes

The former president claimed that McConnell doubted his supposed fears of the elimination of the filibuster upon Democrats winning a narrow majority in the Senate.

Which by the Democrats achieved the majority thanks to Trump quarreling with the GA GOP.

6 Likes

Nothing Donnie reports is reliable.
As for his opinions, with a dollar, you can get a cup of coffee here in NYC.
Unfortunately, his hot air still has the status of an action and, so, I regret to say, must be reported on.
I long for the days when he can be shunned by all but the court reporter.

11 Likes

Trump knows what a “filibuster” is, who knew?
Trump knows the ins and outs of how the Senate works, far better than an asshole that almost single handily transforms how the Senate doesn’t work, who knew?

4 Likes

Just some little podcast? Sad.

3 Likes

Well the truth is Senator McConnell is a much better and stronger leader than Trump ever was or will be. He has accomplished many of his goals over the years.

And btw I don’t mean that as a compliment.

14 Likes

The GOP theme song courtesy of Lefty Frizzell: If you’ve got the money, honey, I’ve got the time

6 Likes