Trump Issues Tweet-Like Statement From White House Calling For ‘NO Violence’ | Talking Points Memo

President Trump on Wednesday urged his supporters to lower the temperature, a week after his followers stormed the U.S. Capitol in a mob that left several people dead.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354419

I’m sure they must have him locked down somewhere and an ‘aide’ sent that ‘tweet’ out. Donnie will try and go somewhere and insist that is NOT what he really ‘meant’…

8 Likes

Lock him up.

3 Likes

Too late to dodge your criminal liability, Fatso.

Lordy knows, there’s tapes. Social Media. Tweets. Videos. etc. etc. etc.

9 Likes

He calls on “ALL Americans” to help ease tensions? Still going with “good people on both sides.” Incredible.

8 Likes

“In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You.”

Whoever wrote that and published it, I hope it works.

11 Likes

I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. I am sending each household one of these

11 Likes

Wait… he released this how? Can Trumpers get it on an app or TV? If not, don’t think they’re gonna read it.

It’s too late, baby now, it’s too late…

7 Likes

Sounds like another hostage message. Were his eyes blinking strangely??

2 Likes

John Gotti: “I urge there be NO extortion, NO racketeering, and NO garroting of any kind. That is not what I stand for. Thank you.”

17 Likes

Someone wrote it but Donald insisted on using ALL CAPS. This was the compromise.

4 Likes

Even so it doesn’t say stay the fuck home, it doesn’t say Biden won fair and square, it doesn’t say anything that would actually chill people out (he can hardly deny what he’s said scores of times about all this), and most of all it hardly sounds sincere. He’s going to run out the clock provoking mayhem and then stiffly denying he did any such thing. Fucking bastard.

13 Likes

There’s lots of talk about the GOP riding the Trump tiger, well Trump has been riding the MAGA tiger. He’s in a terrible bind now as when lets them down (which he will) by calling off the revolution then plenty of them will turn on him. He’'ll be living in fear for the rest of his life.

It’s outrageous that they prosecuted the Mob. What the nation needed was healing and unity. Why argue and bicker over who killed who?

7 Likes

You’re insane, you probably think this song is about you you’re insane…

I bet you think this song is about you, don’t you, don’t you?

You walked into Impeachment, like you were walking onto a yacht…

2 Likes

Well! Little doubt the Orange Asshole can feel the noose tightening around his flabby neck. Sad!

Yes “ALL” Americans need to calm down. He singles out MAGA when they’re cheering him at a rally, but can’t do it now.

First time in decades Trump is being forced to live with objective reality, without his daily rapid intake of ratings feedback. No tweet likes and retweets, no cheering rallies, no crowd sizes to measure. Even looking at the stock market isn’t telling him he’s great.

1 Like

Trump Issues Tweet-Like Statement From White House Calling For ‘NO Violence

Anyone else read that as a call for more violence? But he’ll need to pardon his capitol building lynch mob first, even his brownshirts must be having second thoughts now.

Seeing Trump’s call for “NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism”, I’d be feeling really nervous if I lived in New Orleans right now.

3 Likes