Trump Is Fundraising For Legal Help Fighting A ‘Stolen’ Election. Nearly All The Money Is Actually Going Elsewhere. | Talking Points Memo

Okay, tell me how one can run the leadership PAC from prison or in exile abroad?

4 Likes

Trump Is Fundraising For Legal Help Fighting A ‘Stolen’ Election. Nearly All The Money Is Actually Going Elsewhere.

No.Shit. Quelle surprise.

Folks can talk all they want about money being routed from one PAC to another, just like a shell game, but the bottom line is that the leech has over $400 million in debts and this money will eventually make it to his debtors. And we all know damn well it will, unless the FBI comes down hard on the thief. You’ve got to be one hell of an easy mark to be a rube contributor. Might as well “baaah” as you fleece yourself.

28 Likes

One would hope that this gets brutally exposed by the press. He’s taking his supporters for a ride. Do they even care? Nice reporting here.

29 Likes

In reality, there is no election defense fund.

Donald Trump is a lot sicker and considerably more decadent than Republicans realize.

Their Party has no values. We Democrats have all the right virtues, but that doesn’t mean we compromise with people who are wrong. Now, with presidential authority greatly expanded by this administration — in compliance with the Department of Justice, the U.S. Senate, and apparently also much of the judicial system — we have no reason to play conservative’s games.

What are you going to do about it?

8 Likes

on compassionate parole, at age 96, after serving 17 years of a 40 year sentence

9 Likes

““Not a penny is dedicated to a legal expense account unless donors have maxed out their contributions to the first two committees, $5,000 to the leadership PAC and $35,500 to the RNC,” said Paul Ryan, vice president of policy and litigation at Common Cause.”

I am assuming this guy is NOT the same Paul Ryan with the face you want to slap, the face at carnivals you throw pies and water balloons at.

11 Likes

They can count on the furniture staying, right? Unless it’s gold… lol

4 Likes

I posted this elsewhere and it is off topic, but I think very important.

Crazy, donnie loyalists are being wedged into the Pentagon:

Kosh Patel, a top Nunes staffer, senior committee counsel, has been put in place as COS to the new acting SedDef.

AND …THIS GUY. Tata…from the AP:

A Trump loyalist and former Fox News commentator has been moved into the Pentagon’s top policy job, defense officials said Tuesday, just a few months after he failed to get through Senate confirmation because of offensive remarks he made, including about Islam.

Officials said Anthony Tata, a retired Army one-star general, will be performing the duties of the undersecretary for defense policy. James Anderson, who had been acting undersecretary, resigned on Tuesday, a day after President Donald Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss personnel issues.

Full story.

16 Likes

Apparently no one minds if trump burns the Constitution along the way.

12 Likes

And he plans to pay it with our money while he skips taxes.

6 Likes

Wonder how much of that is going to Trump’s coffers to fight Cy Vance? BTW, is the Paul Ryan quoted that Paul Ryan?

1 Like

The Trump campaign did not immediately return a request for comment.

Well, they wouldn’t, would they?

7 Likes

as well as easy marks.

8 Likes

Too funny!

“I gave up a lot for a life of being obsessed with money. I missed… uh, family. Yeah, boohoo for me. It’s always all been about me. I’ve had it very, very tough. I couldn’t watch my children grow up… … … … except Ivanka…”

4 Likes

They cared when they discovered how bogus Trump University was. He’s left God knows how many people licking their wounds. Like any con man, he’s had to stay one jump ahead of his victims, but it’s too late now.

16 Likes

And Melania’s alimony has to come from somewhere.

10 Likes

60 percent of the contributions will first go to the new PAC, up to the maximum contribution of $5,000. The remaining 40 percent goes to the RNC up to the maximum $35,500

Not coincidence:
Kimberly Guilfoyle Leaves Fox To Become Vice Chair Of Pro-Trump Super PAC

Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle make moves to expand RNC influence and possibly takeover, sources say

The Trumpps are a parasite in the GOP host, getting close to full control of incoming dollars. The GOP doesn’t have long before it becomes an empty shell that can do nothing except at the direction of and to the benefit of the Trumpps.

I am dubious that the GOP will recognize that the situation is an existential threat to it.

18 Likes

Time to spread the word… I hope others pick up on TPM’s reporting here. Also, TPM, maybe print out the fine print so we can see it?

5 Likes

I don’t even care what he does with money he raises from the idiots who still put their tithes into his offering plate. I am elated that soon he will be denied continued access to our taxpayer dollars to line his pockets and fill his coffers. It will be a day for wine, and song, and dancing.

27 Likes

Da capo di tutti capi wants his vig.

4 Likes