Trump Is Fundraising For Legal Help Fighting A ‘Stolen’ Election. Nearly All The Money Is Actually Going Elsewhere. | Talking Points Memo

The Trump campaign has been unrelenting in recent days with its all-caps, bold font, exclamation-point-ridden fundraising appeals: “THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO STEAL THIS ELECTION!” “We can’t allow the Left-wing MOB to undermine our election.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1344106
2 Likes

Even if the dinosaur is dying it can still roll over on you. Be careful out there.

34 Likes

I’m looking forward to an interview about this with a couple of Trumpp supporters: Ben Fleeced and Will B. Egen.

25 Likes

Grifters got to grift. Details at 11.

22 Likes

Yes, all of this and -

Pompeo and Barr may well have a different agenda. They’ll make theater for Trump and keep him stirred up so he won’t listen to family et al about conceding. Why? For them it’s not a coup, it’s a desperate need to cover up any number of Trump illegal acts they witnessed or facilitated. They have tracks to cover. Smart thread here:

42 Likes

Donnie is an unrepentant grifter, his supporters are cultist deplorables.

18 Likes

Make your check out to “Give Republicans Inspiration For Trump.”

GRIFT for short.

25 Likes

Stealing money is all trump understands. Someday …I hope someone will do what is right and bring this thief to account
Edit
I would be happy should someone hold trump to account for the thousands of refugee families ripped apart by this sadist. At least find the hundreds of kids still separated. And hold trump to account for the tragedy of covid that he failed to control. The shame is deep and so very lasting.

35 Likes

The Trump campaign did not immediately return a request for comment.

“We refuse to comment until TPM contributes to President Donald Trump’s election integrity defense.”

16 Likes

“ Calling leadership PACs “notorious” for being abused as slush funds,”
I suppose it could also be used to buy (or extort) political protection.

7 Likes

And with Rob Meemore and Ima Sucker.

20 Likes

It’s always about money for Trump.

11 Likes

This is my surprised face -> :neutral_face:

9 Likes

He’ll die as he lived, a cheap, chiseling con man.

49 Likes

“Trump’s new leadership PAC called Save America.” Don Jr., Eric and Ivanka will need new jobs pretty soon.

20 Likes

Trump Toddler rules: If he can take it, it must be his. Not just money, everything.

12 Likes

Right, and it may take a detour but guaranteed that eventually, any funds arrive in The Turnip’s pocket. After all That Family has a history of helping themselves to “charity” funds, inauguration funds, etc.

12 Likes

Is it legal to have a PAC while still president? I figured he’d do this but thought he’d be out of office when he did. I suppose that keeping alive the idea of a Restoration will get the donations flowing in and maintain his “relevance” in the Nation’s conversation. For the sake of the country I hope he is ignored. Attention is his energy source.

12 Likes

When Trump leaves office with all the money the RNC will be bankrupt.
Not one of the thousands of cowards will say a word.

19 Likes

Despicable is what they do.

6 Likes